Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Connection between WP user and EME contact person

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I used the placeholder #_CONTACTPHONE on my event page, which used to show the data of the corresponding WP user.
    Now I discovered that it doesnt show the data entered in the WP user profile anymore but the phone number of an EME person, that is linked to this WP user.
    So when the phone number of that contact person is changed in its WP user profile, it doesn’t change on the event page… but shows the phone number entered in some old booking.

Is this behaviour intended to be like this?
    Is there an option to change it or to stop the automatic link of bookings with WP users?

Thanks in advance!

Franky
    Keymaster

If a WP user is linked to an EME person, the info from the EME person takes preference.
    But, while I do sync the info between WP <=> EME for linked persons, I missed the possibility if someone just updates the phone info. This fixes that:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2595294/

So that will solve the phone problem (in the future).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perfect, thanks a lot!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,
    as this issue continues to cause some trouble in our user profiles I’m wondering if there is an option to generally diable the automatic sync between EME persons and WP users?

Franky
    Keymaster

No, not possible.
    EME only syncs the phone back to WP, for the rest it is if WP info changes for a user (firstname/lastname/email/phone) this info is pushed back to EME for a linked user.
    What is the problem there?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top