Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Conflicting problem on the sub-sites of Multisite installation

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have activated this plugin for my multisite installation just today.My main site have no problems with this plugin.but the contents of pages on my sub-sites are disappearing when I activate this plugin .

I checked three times by activating and deactivating the plugin .The content on pages is disappearing and a single dot is appearing on the pages when the plugin is active.

I deactivated all the plugins and checked it with two to three themes too.But the same result on sub-sites .

Could anybody help me?

Franky
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Similar problem for me .

I deactivated all the buddypress plugins to check it .But the problem still exists .

I went trough the link posted above by @Franky .But the problem still exists

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, then I need to do a multisite myself, but I’m still new to that so it can take some time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky !

I have a multi-site installation.I can give admin rights to test your plugins on that.Would you please accept my request?

I will PM you the credentials of that Website

Update :

Please let me know that how to contact you .I will send the login details .

Thanks !

Franky
    Keymaster

That would be great, but for testing/debugging I would also need ssh access to the server (possible via openvpn or so). If you can provide me with that, and an exact description of how it should go (ahum …) for multisite: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello !

I sent login credentials to the mail Id .Apologies for delay

Thanks !

Franky
    Keymaster

I see. I seem to have found the problem:

– the special page EME needs to show events on is not being created in subsites, creating it and pointing the EME “Events page” to the newly created page solves this.

– the settings for EME are not being created in subsites. Manual adding is needed.

– the database tables for the plugin don’t exist either.

I need to search WP docs on how to make sure that commands are being set ok. For now using the plugin called “YD Network-wide Options” (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/yd-wpmu-sitewide-options/) might handle things.

Also, probably: per subsite activation of the plugin will handle things as well …

Franky
    Keymaster

Found it: the plugin needs to do something for network activation, see:

http://shibashake.com/wordpress-theme/write-a-plugin-for-wordpress-multi-site

I’ll include something like this in trunk and test it on the sites of asshu once I’ve been given the admin rights needed for it 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Tests worked out ok: the plugin can now be network activated (code is in trunk and will be in the next version)

Anonymous
    Inactive

>I’ll include something like this in trunk and test it on the sites of asshu once I’ve been given the admin rights needed for it 🙂

Thanks for your help . At that time when I mailed you the login details .I forgot to set Admin rights for that user account .Sorry for delay . I should have mail these details a week ago when you told about it . Anyhow …I am happy as the problem been solved

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top