Events Made Easy Forums Generic Conflict between Yoast SEO and EME plugins

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky —

I see a couple of references in your forum to the conflict created by the use of Yoast and EME. When Yoast is activated, EME’s use of the Events page duplicates the Title tag (and more) for all of the events and locations, using the page descriptions instead of the events/locations themselves.

Turning off Yoast simply isn’t an option, as there are too many critical controls for noindex and other SEO customizations to run a WP site without it.

But it’s killing me to noindex all of my event and location pages!

Any chance you’ve come up with a solution to this that I’ve missed?

Franky
    Keymaster

Did you check the FAQ? Search for “How to make EME and Yoast play nice together?”

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did see that FAQ. But the FAQ instruction says “Add this to your functions.php to remove the Opengraph and Twitter headers for EME events”.

Opengraph and Twitter headers are different than having missing event/location title tags and other meta not available for EME, yes?

Best case would be the functionality for EME event/location pages work just as they do when Yoast is not active — but with Yoast active.

So does that FAQ revise the event/location “page” titles to dynamically use the proper info for each?

Thanks…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top