Events Made Easy Forums Generic Conditional Test for Starttime doesn’t work?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,
    sorry to bother you again, but for the last 2 hours I tried everything I could think of but to no avail:

I want my event template to only show events that start at a specific time. So I tried all placeholders in the conditional statement but it never seems to work. The most straightforward for me one would be this test template

[eme_if tag="#ESC_{G}" eq="7"]
    <li>#_{G} - #_STARTTIME - #_STARTDATE - #_EVENTNAME</li>
    [eme_if]

using this shortcode
    [eme_events scope=2022-08-23 category=9 template_id=105 template_id_header=92 template_id_footer=93]
    whereby the header and footer just create the ul

This is the result I invariably get, it always shows all the events in the category:

7 – 07:00 – 23/08/2022 – Smart Yoga
    7 – 07:00 – 23/08/2022 – Tai Chi and Soul Room Meditations
    18 – 18:00 – 23/08/2022 – „Being with and caring for“ – an hour of experiencing mindfulness
    18 – 18:00 – 23/08/2022 – Choir-Hour-NOW
    18 – 18:00 – 23/08/2022 – Daily Evening Meditation
    18 – 18:00 – 23/08/2022 – Evening Yoga: Moon Salutation (Chandra Namaskar) with AT, Dart, and Framework for Integration applications
    18 – 18:00 – 23/08/2022 – Playing with Balance
    18 – 18:00 – 23/08/2022 – Scottish Country Dance

Any ideas?
    Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

New Update: Now it works all of a sudden. Even though I don’t use a caching plugin, and tested with different browsers there must have been some weird caching going on.

No matter, consider this issue resovled / non-existent.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update 2:

Kept adding similar templates for more starting times, and now it’s happening again. Could it be that EME does some template caching or something?

Franky
    Keymaster

EME is not doing caching. I tried it here: no events with “7” as starting hour and no output, I then changed 1 event in a list (in another tab) and just reloaded the page and it was showing the entry as expected.
    Is there maybe a caching happening on webserver level (reverse caching proxy)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, yes – that could be it. I’ll check. Thank you.

Franky
    Keymaster

Like I already said many times: it is not logical to try and cache wordpress pages. PHP is dynamic just for that reason: being dynamic. It is ok to cache static css, static js and images but nothing else. Caching of wordpress could be done via e.g. memcached or redis (object caching persistence), see https://wp-rocket.me/blog/object-caching-use-wordpress/ for a good read 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Absolutely right. That’s why I said I didn’t think caching was to blame. But it turns out there was a setting in one of my plugins that I’d previously overlooked that caches PHP resources. That seems to be to blame.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top