Events Made Easy Forums Generic Conditional tags in test mails

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I am using conditional tags to personalize event-related emails send via the send mails section.
    This works pretty fine – but unfortunately the conditions are not interpreted in the preview mail that you can send to a test person…
    I made sure that this test person is registered for the event and fulfills the applied condition.

Is it supposed to behave like this or am I doing something wrong?

It would be quite helpful, to be able to check if the conditions work properly, before you send it to all participants.

Best regards
    Timo

Franky
    Keymaster

Weird … the same placeholder actions happen for both previewmail and actual event mail.
    I’ll check this a bit further.

Franky
    Keymaster

Which condition are you testing? So I can try to reproduce it here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We were trying things like
    [eme_if tag='#_IS_PAID' value='1'] XXX [/eme_if]
    [eme_if tag='#_IS_PAID' value='0'] YYY [/eme_if]

Franky
    Keymaster

That is impossible for a preview mail. You’re using a booking conditional placeholder, and for a previewmail: which booking would that concern (imagine if someone made more than one)?
    The previewmail acts as a mail to “all”, so generic and event placeholders can be tested for, but that’s it.
    If you want to test your mail template like that: go in the booking, select the booking of choice and from the dropdown menu choose the action “Send booking related email to selected bookings”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

All right I thaught it would choose the booking of that test person when it is registered for the event. But you’re right – there could be more than one booking… didn’t think about that!

Thanks für the clarification!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top