Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Combined Seat Count

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a simple way to capture the TOTAL SEATS in a Multi-Seat, Multi-Price event as a condition for displaying #_DYNAMICDATA?

I have a form with “#_SEATS{1}” & “#_SEATS{2}”, etc., and I would like to display a form to capture the extra names if the combined total of seats is greater than ‘1’. i can get 2 seats of the same type to show an additional form, but not if there is 1 of each type, e.g., #SEATS{1}=’1′ & #SEATS{2}=1.

i guess I’m looking for something like “#DYNAMICSEATS”

Thanks for the plugin!

Franky
    Keymaster

Did you try using #_SEATS or #_RESPSEATS (identical)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did try those, along with ‘#_RESPSPACES’. Also, ‘#_SEATS{}” & ‘#_SEATS{*}’, etc.

I also tried placing #_DYNAMICDATA inside the payment template and used #_RESPSEATS there. Of Course, #_RESPSEATS displays the correct number but still no additional form.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I figured it out. Currently I only do dynamic data updates based on changes in the condition field you have entered in the condition-box when defining the event. While I had code in place to react on all placeholders, it never reached it because the javascript would only do a dynamic update if the form changed on one of the fields mentioned (and another bugfix). Otherwise you would get results like when changing the name, the dynamic data would be checked too (which is not bad, but a bit cumbersome).
    I could change it to be more generic, but maybe by using an option … let me think about it 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Some coding later, this is now an option when defining conditional fields. See this changeset:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2160753

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks!

I had thought that adding the #_RESPSPACES to the form would give it something to catch but it throws and error now.

I am currently using jQuery to catch #_RESPSPACES in the Payment Template when it’s more than 1 space – then displaying a second form inside that template (which then inserts a new registrant before displaying the payment button). But it’s a little clunky and only handles one additional space/name/email. I’m only now getting around to trying out the #_DYNAMICDATA features which are much cleaner than what I’m currently doing.

But, in order to use it, I do need to catch different #_SEATS(#). . .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Trying ‘#_SEATS’, ‘#_RESPSEATS’ – even ‘#_SEATS{1}’ now, I get:

“Ach, some problems here:

#_SEATS is not used for events with price categories, but you have defined several price categories in your event RSVP settings. Please correct the event RSVP settings.

Press the back-button in your browser to return to the previous screen and correct your errors”

Am I doing something wrong in adding the field?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry – I had put “#_SPACES{1}’ instead of ‘#_SEATS{1}’ in the template – it’s working now!

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version will correct the last part (so you can use #_SPACES{1} too again)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top