Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Combine EME with a staging environment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky, I have a question how to combine EME with a staging environment.

Actually we already have a staging environment with a development, test and productive stage. The staging is done by simply copying the file system and the database, and doing some directory path changes that everything works together afterwards. This works very good so far.

But now i have to deal with „living data“ in the production stage that i have to keep 🙂 This involves events, eventlocations, categories, people and groups.

What i want to try ist to seperate „living or moving data“ from the configuration data by thier database tables. Making copies of the tables with „living data“ and regenerate them after the staging process.

I like to ask:
    a) are there tables where living data and configuration data are mixed ?
    b) could you guide me which tables contain living data ?

currently the only table i would overwrite would be devstage_eme_templates

devstage_eme_answers,
    devstage_eme_attendances,
    devstage_eme_bookings,
    devstage_eme_categories,
    devstage_eme_countries,
    devstage_eme_dgroups,
    devstage_eme_discounts,
    devstage_eme_events,
    devstage_eme_formfields,
    devstage_eme_groups,
    devstage_eme_holidays,
    devstage_eme_locations,
    devstage_eme_mailings,
    devstage_eme_members,
    devstage_eme_memberships,
    devstage_eme_mqueue,
    devstage_eme_payments,
    devstage_eme_people,
    devstage_eme_recurrence,
    devstage_eme_states,
    devstage_eme_task_signups,
    devstage_eme_tasks,
    devstage_eme_templates,
    devstage_eme_usergroups,

Looking forward to your answer.

Cheers Chris

Franky
    Keymaster

Those are indeed the EME-related tables (in fact any table starting with “devstage_eme_”) and in the wordpress options table any option with name eme_* as well

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky, thanks for your very quick answer. Probably my question was not precise enough.

I want to keep the data of events, people, groups, categories, etc. what i call “living data”. But wit the staging process i like to change configuration and settings of EME.

Am i right if i say that all the devstage_eme_*-tabls contain this “living data” and the EME-configuration is stored in wordpress options table ?

Cheers
    Chris

Franky
    Keymaster

The EME config you change in the EME settings menu is kept in the wordpress options table, all the individual settings (e.g. templates per event) are set/kept in the other tables.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top