Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented class.smtp.php Email Server Connect Error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When attempting to book an event, I get the following email server connection errors.

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:25 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ) in class.smtp.php on line 106

Message was not sent

I updated the options to use SMTP and PHP mail function. Both are producing the same result.

Oddly, WordPress email notifications are not affected. It could still be an email server issue, but wanted to check here first.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well … according to me, it seems you can’t connect to localhost on port 25. I would check the mail settings in Events Manager Extended

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmmm … I found the issue. Please update phpmailer/eme_phpmailer.php to this one:

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/events-manager-extended/trunk/phpmailer/eme_phpmailer.php

and you should be fine (it’s a last remainder of the dbem=>eme switch)

Franky
    Keymaster

Fixed in current version

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am also having the same issue – I’ve tried PHP mail, SMTP and sendmail (my server supports all). My server does require authentication on port 2525, and I tried adjusting this in the EME settings, but to no avail.

I also replaced eme_phpmailer.php as indicated above, but I still do not receive an email.

Oddly, I don’t get an error when using PHP mail – I just don’t get an email. I do, however, get an error when using SMTP.

Any ideas?

Franky
    Keymaster

When using php mail, you need to have php correctly configured. For smtp: you need to check your logs … btw, standard smtp port is 25.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top