Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Choir Website: Is My Use Case Going To Work?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m involved in a barbershop singing group, and we are setting up a new website. I’d like to use WordPress for this site, and I *think* that EME will be a good fit for our needs, but I’m not clear on a few pieces of functionality. Here is what we need the site to do, along with whether I understand well enough how to make EME do it:

Create membership list of people involved in the choir/chorus. (EME makes this very easy)
    Set up different groups for people (Again, EME makes this super simple to figure out)
    Set up a recurring schedule for rehearsals (Piece of cake with EME)

Track attendance of members at each rehearsal (This is where I’m confused… and I’ve not been able to find great documentation on exactly how the attendance feature works. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ideally we’d want to more or less have a checklist where we can just check off who was there at a given rehearsal. We don’t need to track hours or anything – just a “yup, John was there” sort of thing.)

Set up a concert/performing schedule (Easy with EME)
    Sell tickets to to a concert/performance to the general public (I *think* I understand how to do this, but need to read more docs. This is less important for initial roll-out of site)
    Set up a sheet music library that is only available to members (It appears that setting stuff to private makes it available to members, so I think I’ve got this figured out)

Can anyone comment on where/how I can find resources to help me figure out tracking attendance of members at scheduled recurring events?

Thank you!

Franky
    Keymaster

You have 2 options for attendance:

– scan the member qrcode (which you can generate in the member PDF file when a member pays, using the #_QRCODE placeholder). If the membership is then configured to keep attendances and you’re logged in as a user with enough rights, when you scan the qrcode it will enter a line in the attendance table (and in EME it is visible in a submenu). The attendance record is then linked to the person and the membership.

– scan the RSVP qrcode (which you can give to the person signing up for an event using #_QRCODE). If the event is then configured to keep attendance records and you’re logged in as a user with enough rights, that qrcode can be scanned (with a limit to the number of seats booked) and it will enter a line in the attendance table (and in EME it is visible in a submenu). The attendance record is then linked to the person and the event/booking.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much for the explanation, Franky. So to be clear: there is no option in the backend/EME menus for a user with sufficient rights to simply mark attendance to an event for a member? It has to be done by scanning a qrcode?

This may work for me if I can generate all the qrcodes in advance of our weekly rehearsal, then just scan the codes for each member as I take attendance.

Many of the people involved in this chorus are technically challenged – some don’t have smart phones, and it will be impractical to ask them to try to deal with showing me a qrcode so I can scan them. I’d want to generate a printed out list of qrcodes I can just scan myself.

In my experimentation so far, I have not figured out how to generate the qrcodes though – are they generated and sent via email to the member? I’ll have to dig around more in the documentation.

Thanks again!

Franky
    Keymaster

member qr-codes can be generated by going into the member-menu, selecting the members of choice and in the dropdown mass-action menu select “PDF output”, after which you can select a PDF template of choice (that at least should contain the #_QRCODE placeholder).
    For bookings it is identical in fact.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahh… perhaps this is where I’ve run into an issue. I seem unable to create a member. I have created a test Person, and a Membership, but when I go to the Member menu to try to add a person to a membership, there does not seem to be any way to actually save the info I put into the form there.

Here is a screencast of me trying: https://sing.kimballlarsen.com/temp/EventsMadeEasyMembers.mp4

Thank you!

Franky
    Keymaster

it seems your membership is lacking configuration. Check your membership configuration, see the value for “Member Form”. You need to define a template that actually asks for info. For the placeholders you can use in that template, see: https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-13-membershipform/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah ha! Figuring out that I needed to add a bunch of templates to a bunch of places has gotten me farther along! I’ll continue to play with and test this – it’s SO close to being what I need. Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top