Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Change CSV Export Headings

Tagged: 

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I need a very specific layout for the exported csv. I hope you can help me.
    Is it possible to change the column headings in the RSVP CSV export for the name / email fields?

I can see there’s filters but I can’t see one for the column headings, I was thinking an alternative way might be to copy that data into a new custom field with the right name – but that might be even more complicated…

Thanks for your help,
    best wishes
    Charlotte

Franky
    Keymaster

The same filter (eme_csv_column_filter) applies to the column headings line too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m struggling Franky, I’ll happily pay you for your time if you can help me get this right.

Franky
    Keymaster

And what exactly are you struggling with? The example at https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/12-hooks-and-filters/ seems pretty clear to me for that filter. For the first line, just add an extra check on $line_nr==1.
    Since per line, the column starts at index 0, by default the index for last name is 1 and for email it is 9. So:

function my_eme_csv_column_filter($line,$event,$line_nbr) {
       if ($line_nbr==1) {
          $out_line=$line;
          $out_line[1]="my custom header for last name";
          $out_line[9]="my custom header for email";
          return $out_line;
       }
    }
    add_filter('eme_csv_column_filter','my_eme_csv_column_filter',10,3);
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Franky – I put that in my functions.php, but It’s not working for me. I get an error

The header line does change the headings as needed but the data isn’t there below.
    There’s a warning instead
    <b>Warning</b>: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in http://www.my site….. /wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/eme_functions.php</b> on line <b>2568</b><br />

What I really really want is for one category of events I get a CSV download that has specific headers and with some columns excluded.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also have custom fields in the RSVP form which I can’t see in the headings when I add that function.

All the headings that I can see are in a single cell.

Franky
    Keymaster

I forgot to add the else-statement:

function my_eme_csv_column_filter($line,$event,$line_nbr) {
       if ($line_nbr==1) {
          $out_line=$line;
          $out_line[1]="my custom header for last name";
          $out_line[9]="my custom header for email";
          return $out_line;
       } else {
          return $line;
       }
    }
    add_filter('eme_csv_column_filter','my_eme_csv_column_filter',10,3);

And the CSV is delimited by what you define in your settings (default is ‘,’ so when opening that in excel or so, make sure to split on that).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much for your help with this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top