Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Change CSS for Event Title in Events List Widget

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like for the Event Title in the Events List Widget to be a different color. I can’t seem to locate which attribute this would be in the CSS file. What would I need to modify in order to achieve this? (i.e. I would like to make “YFC Great Lakes Regional Conference” blue – widget located in the footer.)

http://jeffbuchanan.org

Franky
    Keymaster

This is done in the same way/CSS as any post/page title. For the widget, look at the html source of the surrounding div: the CSS classes are “widget widget_eme_list”

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry but I’ve searched the entire events_manager.css file and that attribute is not listed. The widget class is not found anywhere. This is the only CSS file in the plugin.

I duplicated the main CSS file and renamed it eme.css as directed in the documentation. I added the following code:

widget widget_eme_list

{ color: #0061D8; }

I also tried

widget#widget_eme_list

and

widget.widget_eme_list

I’ve modified CSS files before but I’m stumped on this plugin. I appreciate any specific help you can give. Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

See the CSS rules: when you look at the source code, you’ll see that the widget has 2 classes: “widget” and “widget_eme_list”. It doesn’t mean that if widget_eme_list isn’t in the CSS that you can’t add it. Just read this: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=30 ==> eme.css needs to be in your theme folder. When EME finds it, it will include it so it will again show in the html source of the page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK I’ve added the eme.css to my theme folder and put in the following code:

.widget_eme_list { color: #0061D8; }

I’ve tried tweaking this with Firebug and the color code comes up in the HTML markup:

<div class=”footer_widgets footer_widgets_right”>

<div id=”eme_list-3″ class=”widget widget_eme_list”>

<h3>Upcoming Speaking</h3>

Franky
    Keymaster

Use firebug on the link, you’ll see that there’s a CSS class for widget overriding this in custom.css:

.widget ul li a {

color: #000000 !important;

}

Please do be aware: I’m not giving CSS support here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top