Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using WP 3.0.3 and your plugin version 3.2.12. Everything is working fine expect when I add an event. What happens is after I’ve filled in the event information and click submit I get nothing, not a blank page just the event form and everything goes away. The URL says the following:

/wp-admin/admin.php?page=events-manager&action=update_event&event_id=

The event never makes it to the list nor to the calendar. Please advise.

Franky
    Keymaster

Did you try “Events Manager” before “Events Manager Extended”? If so, see this:

http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=289#post-1303

If not: try disabling all other plugins and try again, then reactivate one plugin at the time until you find the problem plugin. Report that plugin here then, so I can try it as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, I have not used Events Manager before. I disabled all plugins, in fact, Events Manager Extended is the only active plugin. Does the plug use the .htaccess file or anything?

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmmm … this is weird then. Did you update the plugin? Try deactivate/activate EME again. As I recall, you upgraded wordpress to 3.0.3 before, so maybe the problem lies somewhere else.

Did you try it on a fresh install? Have you checked the webserver logfiles?

Also: consider mailing me admin access, so I can see for myself: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, here’s another point of information, I can duplicate an existing event (one of the pre-installed events) and change information, dates, etc and click submit and it works just fine. But not when I add a new event. Does that help perhaps pin point anything?

Franky
    Keymaster

Not really … can you try the trunk version, I changed it so it tells us the database problem if any. Get it here: http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/events-manager-extended.zip

Also: did you try the method described here anyway (even if Events Manager was never installed): http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=289#post-1303

Anonymous
    Inactive

I download the trunk version, still have the same issue (can’t add events), how does the trunk version tell us a database problem if there is one?

When I checked clear the eme database upon deactivation and the deactivated and reactivated that didn’t seem to work, and the preloaded events were still showing up…should they have been gone after doing that?

Franky
    Keymaster

This seems like there’s another problem going on. Which version of php are you using? And I’m starting to believe there’s a database issue since you upgraded to WP 3.0.3. So for now I can’t do anything else from here, unless you provide me with WP admin and ssh root access to your server so I can debug things.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a feeling that you were going to ask me that, I was just wondering the same thing, it looks like the php version is 4.4.9. I install it on another server/site and it works just fine which is running php 5.2.15. I’m going to guess that upgrading to php 5 will solve this issues. Would you agree?

Franky
    Keymaster

I guessed so much 🙂

PHP 4 is out of date and no longer supported (not even by php self) …

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top