Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Can't add an event

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t add an event.

I can add location and category, also successfully insert an event, but it will not be in a list (disappears somewhere).

I have installed the latest plugin and WP 3.0.1.

When I install the plugin, there were a database problem and I had to reactivated it. Then this message was gone.

I tried to reactivated it several times, also deactivated all plugins and then activated just the EME.

I’ve checked the database, and it’s empty.

Please help me, thanks a lot.

Jan

Franky
    Keymaster

If you installed EM 3.x before installing EME, then this gives troubles. Since EM upgraded to 3.x, EME is no longer backwards compatible. I’m going to try to be more aggresive in the database creation stuff, but for now: if this is the case, deactivate EM and EME, remove EM and all database tables with names wp_dbem_* and activate EME. Then it should work fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi I’m having the same problem. I tried deactivating EM and removing it. I’m not sure hwo to erase the database tables and where to access that?

Franky
    Keymaster

This should be done in your database administration tool. If you don’t know what to do here: I created a new option in the next release that helps you here:

– Deactivate EME

– Download the latest devel version and put that one in place: http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/events-manager-extended.zip

– Activate EME

– Go to the settings and say “yes” for the option “Delete all EME data when uninstalling”

– Now deactivate and activate EME

Because of this setting, all database tables will be removed when deactivating, so also those causing troubles.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I can’t add events either. I went in and deleted the old tables using phpMyAdmin first, but the events still won’t add. After I try to add an event, I get a blank Event page. The same thing also happens when I try to add locations.

I am using PHP 4.4.9 and WordPress 3.0.1.

– Adam

Franky
    Keymaster

Don’t use PHP 4 anymore, it’s no longer supported. Even the website of PHP recommends an upgrade to PHP 5 …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top