Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Cannot edit 'Details' and 'Attributes'

Viewing 62 posts - 1 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hi there,

i cannot edit ‘Details’ and ‘Attributes’, the textarea fields do not work….?

Also if i click the ‘insert image’ button, usually the media-browser should open in a new window but i loads directly here?

i use WordPress 3.01

look at this picture:

http://www.violinduo.de/files/error.png

someone has an idea?

Thank you very much!

Christoph

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m guessing something else is wrong here … look in your browser’s error console for javascript errors. Or give me temporary admin access so I can test it as well. For this, mail me at:

liedekef [at] telenet.be

Franky

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am also having this problem of not being able to add any attributes. There is no textarea to enter information this information. I also don’t see a area to upload an image to use the #_IMAGE shortcode.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same problem as well. My attributes are not able to be entered

WordPress 2.9.2 using Firefox 3.5.11 or IE 8

But it might be my fault, I turned on the attributes function in the “Settings” panel,do I need to do something more for them to work? Or just select the attributes radial button in “Settings”?

Actually mine is only partially the same. My attributes don’t work but my details works fine it seems… making me think more that maybe I’m just missing something. I tried a complete reinstall after deleting the plugin and all table entries in myphpadmin.

Ethan

http://www.ethansenglishcafe.com

Franky
    Keymaster

Two problems here. I’ll try to answer both:

For attributes, read this when editing an event: “In order to use attributes, you must define some in your templates, otherwise they’ll never show. Go to Events > Settings to add attribute placeholders.”

And in the Settings there’s this: “For custom attributes, you use #_ATT{key}{alternative text}, the second braces are optional and will appear if the attribute is not defined or left blank for that event. This key will appear as an option when adding attributes to your event.”

This means exactly what is means: add anywhere in your templates an attribute and then you’ll be able to change the data for it per event.

Example: use eg. in the “Respondent email format” setting this: #_ATT{TEST}

And then you’ll see in the event data an attribute called “TEST” for which you can fill in the value

==> I’ll add this to the doc.

For the #_IMAGE upload thing: look in the location page. You can edit a page and upload an image. This *is* mentioned in the doc: “The Locations page lets you add, delete and edit locations directly. Locations are automatically added with events if not present, but this interface lets you customize your locations data and add a picture.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, yes. Figured it was something like this. Sorry I just did not quite understand what that all meant till now! Got it working great! Thanks!

However, sorry, the Value data that I enter has an ‘ in it. For example “Ethan’s Birthday” it becomes “Ethan’s Birthday”. Anyway to stop the from being added or just don’t use apostrophes?

Franky
    Keymaster

Now that’s a bug 🙂

I’ll test it out and fix this for the next version and let you know the fix, so you can already implement it.

Franky
    Keymaster

ok, I found it. In the file dbem_events.php, function dbem_events_subpanel, find this line (around line 175):

$event_attributes[$_POST["mtm_{$i}_ref"]] = $_POST["mtm_{$i}_name"];

and change it to:

$event_attributes[$_POST["mtm_{$i}_ref"]] = stripslashes($_POST["mtm_{$i}_name"]);

It will be in the next version too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent! Worked perfectly. Thanks again for this great plugin!

Anonymous
    Inactive

my problem still exists, if i click on HTML in the Details i get this javascript error:

Uncaught exception: TypeError: Cannot convert ‘document.getElementById(‘qtrans_select_de’)’ to object

Error thrown at line 223, column 4 in <anonymous function: qtrans_get_active_language>() in http://www.violinduo.de/wpen/wp-admin/admin.php?page=events-manager&action=edit_event&event_id=4:

if(document.getElementById(‘qtrans_select_de’).className==’edButton active’)

called from line 205, column 3 in <anonymous function: qtrans_save>(text) in http://www.violinduo.de/wpen/wp-admin/admin.php?page=events-manager&action=edit_event&event_id=4:

ta.value = qtrans_integrate(qtrans_get_active_language(),text,ta.value);

called from line 148, column 4 in <anonymous function: switchEditors.go>(id, lang) in http://www.violinduo.de/wpen/wp-admin/admin.php?page=events-manager&action=edit_event&event_id=4:

qtrans_save(vta.value);

called from line 1, column 0 in <anonymous function>(event):

switchEditors.go(‘content’, ‘html’);

Franky
    Keymaster

@CCD: this error has nothing to do with extended events manager and basic wordpress. The word “qtrans_get_active_language” doesn’t even occur anywhere in my setup. A bit of googling turns up this plugin http://www.qianqin.de/qtranslate/

It seems that plugin is not too happy with the way tinymce is used in events manager extended … I need to look into this.

Franky
    Keymaster

@CCD: I mailed the author of qtranslate for help here, it seems some extra action is needed for compatibility between my plugin and the way qtranslate hacks into tinymce.

Anonymous
    Inactive

is there perhaps a way to deactivate qtranslate only for the event-plugin-page?

event-manager is exactly what i need…but i also need qtranslate…

Franky
    Keymaster

Hi,

for that you’ll need to talk to the author of qtranslate …

But I’ll try to make it compatible.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I have something that makes EME work with qtranslate, that is: it allows multiple edits, but for now I recommend to use only one language when creating an event because the inserting seems to work ok, but for displaying events I need a bit more code editing.

So, to be able to insert events with qtranslate installed, change in the file dbem_events.php 2 lines:

1) (around line 1403) from:

<div id=”event_name” class=”stuffbox”>

to:

<div id=”titlediv” class=”stuffbox”>

2) (around line 1410) from:

<input type=”text” name=”event_name” value=”<?php echo $event [$pref . ‘name’]?>” />

to:

<input type=”text” id=”title” name=”event_name” value=”<?php echo $event [$pref . ‘name’]?>” />

That gets the editing going again with qtranslate installed (again: fill in only one language, the showing part will otherwise show all language parts together)

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, the viewing part is also not that difficult to change. So, to make it easy:

http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/events-manager-extended/trunk/dbem_events.php

http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/events-manager-extended/trunk/events-manager.php

Try it out and let me know the results!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Finally someone took the time to fix all the issues with the old version 🙂

take care, a lot of JS errors come from qtranslate. the old forums were quite full of people trying to use both. I am one of them. I’d love to be able to use both at the same time.

Will you incorporate the fixes needed into the main version or do we need to hack it every time you make a new version?

Franky
    Keymaster

No, I’ll try to take the qtranslate thing into the main version. Still working on it right now and any testing done is much appreciated (more translation tweaks are still needed).

Franky
    Keymaster

More work has been done for qtranslate compatibility. Please check out the svn trunk at:

http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/events-manager-extended/trunk/

Anonymous
    Inactive

GREAT!

is there a way to download a zipped version from SVN? If I go to the downloads page and download the development version is that the same as the SVN one?

I’d gladly test if I could easily get this version.

Franky
    Keymaster

Not really, but any svn client will do. On linux “svn” helps you out, on Windows I recommend using tortoisesvn. But try this:

http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/events-manager-extended.zip

(the download link from wordpress without version, probably gives you the trunk version)

Franky
    Keymaster

btw: do let me know of your test results of the trunk version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

just checked and with the dev version everythings seems fixed. awesome. could not find a bug till now 🙂 will let you know if anythign else re-surfaces.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have some qtranslate issues left:

– if I give a Chinese name to a venue or event details, and save it, all Chinese characters become “???????”.

– I surely don’t have to mention that if I give venue names in several languages (which is important e.g. for Chinese but also Roman languages), there are all names written in the text. So it’s not filtered to the language.

– I can not click on the event details. I can see the sidebar (in every language and ????? in Chinese, I can see the calenders (event page and side bar) but when I click on an event, I cannot see the details, the pictures, the map and the content (text)… What I can see is: Title, Date, Town. Unfortunately I cannot disable qtranslate to check if it works then, I already included qtranslate into php-codes and it blasts the layout. So maybe it has another reason!

If you need more detailed infos or admin access to the backend, please let me know!

Theme: Constructor 1.0.6

relevant Plugins: qtranslate 2.5.9, TinyMCE 3.2.7.

Thanks a lot for your splendid work!

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I can reproduce the “???” problem for chinese characters. But I don’t have the problem to click on event details.

For the chinese characters: are your database tables in utf8 unicode format (mine aren’t)? See here: http://boringest.blogasian.com/2008/10/25/how-to-show-chinese-characters-in-wordpress/

Franky
    Keymaster

Update: converting my tables to unicode fixed the “???” problem:

In mysql, do at least this:

ALTER TABLE wp_dbem_events CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

ALTER TABLE wp_dbem_locations CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

(and for all other tables you want as well).

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: when entering a new event, you can only enter 1 name for the location, but afterwards you can edit the location and add the other languages.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ALTER TABLE does it perfectly. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

interesting: I can’t enter a new location by creating a new event – only choose one of the existing ones. But that’s not a real problem: I create a new venue and THEN the new event.

If you are interested in the missing event details issue, please check http://www.maier-hallard.com/testseite.

New issue is also:

Picture for Location – if I do an upload (<700px) it does not appear after having saved the data.

If you want wp-admin access just let me know please.

Cheers & Thanks!

Sebastian

Franky
    Keymaster

Hi Sebastian,

I got your mail with username/password, so I’ll check it out

Also:

– did you do the “ALTER TABLE” mysql statements?

– for uploading: the directory wp-content/uploads/locations-pics must exist and be writable by the user the webserver runs as (or 777). Mostly the folder wp-content/uploads/ exists already and Events Manager Extended tries to create the subfolder “locations-pics”, but you might want to check if it exists. Also: check if php allows file uploads as well, and the limits of it.

Franky
    Keymaster

Sebastian: the translation you’ve done seems to be very weird: I seem to have many words in German or so …

Now the problems:

– you have the setting “Use dropdown for locations” for Events Manager Extended on. I’ve disabled it, so now you can insert new locations with events.

– for the image upload: the size is set to a max of 204800 bytes (or: 200 KB), seems very low to me … try increasing that (I increased it to 2MB for you)

– for the missing details: you never mention the shortcode #_NOTES anywhere in the format settings, so of course the details are never shown. I’ve changed the setting “Default single event format” to include this (which is called “Standardformat für eine Terminseite” in your page anyway) but you should change this to your liking.

So to summarize: you have no problems at all, just settings you need to check.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes, the languages are not that easy 😉 Most is translated by google translator just to get an idea for the layout and the functions. There still is a lot of work to make everything match with qtranslate, but anyway it’s the best plugin. Natively the site is in German, sorry therefore.

But many thanks for your support… You should create an amazon wishlist!

And thanks for the shortcodes… I was simply blind to not have seen that before!

Cheers!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the German snippets in the backend come from the old events manager… I didn’t touch them at all…

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi there,

thank you very much for the updated dbemevents.php, no it works perfectly with qTranslate.

just one error, the googlemap is NOT working on the event-detail page

see here http://www.violinduo.de/wpen/events/?event_id=6

don´t know why?

and now when i edit a location it says: MAP NOT FOUND….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

it’s about event names in Chinese. No need to understand the content, but the phenomena is pretty amazing, maybe you have the answer:

When I give a Chinese Name to an event as e.g. “在菩提径中心教学闳空” (Teaching in Bodhi Path Center Hong Kong” and save the event, there are syllables missing after having saved. There is only “在菩提” (means “In the Bodhisattva”) – so in that case only 3 of 10 remain.

In the other event called “在菩提径伦兴,乌尔姆教学/德国” only 1 syllable “在” (means:”in”) remains after saving.

This issue only comes with Events… Location-setup is okay…

I’ve ALTERed everything in the mysql yesterday and I cannot find a difference between both, wp_dbem_locations and wp_dbem_events…

Another issue: I’ve checked back to drop-down-menu for locations, because it startet to duplicate them by editing these events

Hope you have an idea for the Chinese,

Best Sebastian

Franky
    Keymaster

@CCD: can you give me some admin access for this, so I can try?

@SPSMH: I’ll try to put 10 chinese characters in at home, and see what happens then.

Franky
    Keymaster

@CCD: please try this version (for testing only):

You probably didn’t update enough files …

Franky
    Keymaster

For everybody: I managed to find the issue SPSMH (Sebastian) was having: he was hitting a database column size limit because of using 5 languages for the title. I worked around it by increasing the size of this and other relevant columns.

Anonymous
    Inactive

first i just updated only some files you sent me and “Event – Details” were working but not the GoogleMap, then i tried a complete update but nothing was working afterwards?? so back to first step, only maps are not working….

Anonymous
    Inactive

perhaps this is the reason? look at the XXXXXXXXXXXX,

here is map_text_14 = ‘ only, no ending ‘ and ;

how to fix that?

and also is not allowed, right?

<div id=”eventmap” style=”float: right; “>

<div id=’dbem-location-map_14′ class=”dbem-location-map”></div>

<p><script type=’text/javascript’>

<!–//

latitude_14 = parseFloat(‘49.4828’);

longitude_14 = parseFloat(‘8.47814’);

map_text_14 = ‘ XXXXXXXXXXXX

<div class=”dbem-location-balloon”>Schatzkistl Mannheim
    Augustaanlage 4-8 – 68165 Mannheim
    Details</div>

<p>’;

//–>

</script></div>

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, it *is* the trunk, things can get buggy in there. I fixed that this evening (but did not remember having the XXX’s somewhere, but might be debugging). Try getting the latest trunk again:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky… I’ve been updating the trunk. One thing changed for bad concerning the multilingual settings: All titles (locations and event) are now in all languages in a row. That wasn’t before. Just to let you know for the next trunk!

Best,

Sebastian

Franky
    Keymaster

Sebastian, can you demonstrate that? It seems btw that there is a typo error in dbem_locations.php as well, I’ll try and fix that also.

Edit: never mind, I see what you mean 🙂

While it is not a functional issue, I’ll fix it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

in fact the trunk version of dbem_locations.php and dbem_events.php had also an effect in the backend: there was only one field for the titles setting the languages in a row like ‘<!–:en–>…<–:en>…’

I think it has the same cause.

Franky
    Keymaster

This I don’t understand …

btw: I checked your version again, and it seems ok now? I can’t reproduce it here btw

Franky
    Keymaster

btw: I made some small changes to trunk, you might want to update again (btw: you do update to the whole trunk, do you? Not just the files dbem_locations.php and dbem_events.php I hope)

Also: there’s a bug in the javascript if your location variable contains double quotes, so don’t use double quotes for now (like you did for the location in lattitude/longitude attempt). This needs to be fixed first as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. I’ve just updated to the latest trunk. You can go and have a look. I won’t touch anything for the hour. Title issue is okay now. You’ll find the frontend event site under Projects/Events in the main menu.

To keep it short: last trunk update was a complete one. Then what I described title issue happened. I downgraded then to you last release version, but only the two files: dbem_locations.php and dbem_events.php. The everything worked fine for the titles.

Concerning longitude/latitude: I’ve misspelled my post. Will leave a reply there to not use the double quotes.

Franky
    Keymaster

Sebastian: I can’t see anything wrong in your backend or frontend. Could you describe the problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please take a look at the [locations_map] on my events page in the front end. I’ve moved it to the top.

There is the list of venues under the map. All venues which are multilingual (so from the second on) is listed in every Language like: “Bodhi Path Centre Bouddhiste Hong KongBodhi Path Hong KongBodhi Path Buddhist Center Hong KongBodhi Path Buddhistisches Zentrum Hong Kong菩提佛学中心的路径”.

With the last trunk version from yesterday there was the problem for Event Titels and Location Titels everywhere. Now it only remains in [locations_map].

I have another request concerning the [locations_map]: is it possible to add the google maps markups (A,B,C,D) in front of the list? (e.g. A – Bismarckplatz)? I think that could be useful for bulky lists.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, the [locations_map] should be ok now in trunk. But for the list of locations: the letters are added via CSS: (“list-style-type: upper-alpha” for each element in the ordened list), but I’m guessing you have some other CSS that makes the letters invisible …

Anonymous
    Inactive

will take a look. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

just tried the update, MAP still doenst display in singe-event-page

in Opera, i got this error message, it seems, the url to the map is not correct.

when i edit the location (i use dropdown for locations) everything is fine and the map is shown, only in the frontend theres no map-picture, the controlling elements are all there

have a look here: http://www.violinduo.de/wpen/events/?event_id=6

Anfragezusammenfassung

URL

maps.google.com/maps/api/js/StaticMapService.GetMapImage?1m2&1iNaN&2iNaN&2e1&3u13&4m2&1uNaN&2uNaN&5m3&1e0&2b1&5sde&token=12265

Antwort

400: Bad Request

Methode

GET

Host

maps.google.com

Pfad

/maps/api/js/StaticMapService.GetMapImage

Argumente abfragen

token = 12265

Franky
    Keymaster

Your html code is somehow wrong:

map_text_10 = '
    <div class="dbem-location-balloon"><strong>Zeughaus Mannheim</strong><br/>C5 - 68159 Mannheim<br/><a href='http://www.violinduo.de/wpen/events/?location_id=10'>Details</a></div>
    <p>';

==> javascript doesn’t support variable values spread over multiple lines

Here’s what it should look like (one line):

map_text_10 = '<div class="dbem-location-balloon"><strong>Zeughaus Mannheim</strong><br/>C5 - 68159 Mannheim<br/><a href='http://www.violinduo.de/wpen/events/?location_id=10'>Details</a></div>';

So check the setting “Default location balloon format”, make sure you edit it to your liking and save (even if you didn’t change that much, but at least remove the trailing “<p>”, I don’t know where that comes from in your case)

Anonymous
    Inactive

this is exactly line 2016 of dbem_events, i didn´t make a change in any file!! Where do i have to check the setting “Default location balloon format”? I couldn´t find it?

line 2016:

var infowindow = new google.maps.InfoWindow({

content: ‘<div class=”dbem-location-balloon”>‘ + location +’<p>’ + address + ‘</p><p>’ + town + ‘</p></div>’,

});

Franky
    Keymaster

In my code, it is impossible to have newlines in eg. map_text_10 in the html javascript-source, but you have it anyway, which is weird. I’m guessing you did not update all files to the latest versions.

Can you check if dbem_locations.php contains this line (around line 600):

$map_text = preg_replace("/rn|nr|n/","<br />",$map_text);

And about the setting to check: in the Events Manager Extended settings page in the admin interface of course.

Anonymous
    Inactive

its exactly

$map_text = preg_replace(“/rn|nr|n/”,”
    “,$map_text);

i tried it with an empty-line in the baloon settings and the resuls ist the same:

<p><script type=’text/javascript’>

<!–//

latitude_14 = parseFloat(‘49.4828’);

longitude_14 = parseFloat(‘8.47814’);

map_text_14 = ‘

<div class=”dbem-location-balloon”></div>

<p>’;

//–>

</script></div>

i made a complete update again…doenst work? Perhaps something in the database is wrong? Perhaps i should try to delete the events database and try again?

Franky
    Keymaster

I just don’t get where this is coming from. I never insert a “<p>” in the balloon div. And as you can see from line 622 in that file, where I echo this to the javascript:

$map_text_string = '<div class="dbem-location-balloon">$map_text</div>';

there is no newline between “=” and the start of the div …

Do you have any other plugins installed? I suggest deactivating all other plugins and see what happens, and then activate one by one … my guess is that some plugin is acting very weird.

Anonymous
    Inactive

plugin TEXT CONTROL was causing the problems, without it it works 😉

thank you!!!

Franky
    Keymaster

This seems to be a very old plugin, not updated after 2005, so I suggest you indeed stop using it 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

@CCD: maybe you get the same results with the TinyMCE, rather than TEXT CONTROL.

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

funny story – I have the problem not to be able to edit event details, but, well, actually, I dont, because as I found out it just appears to be not editable. Actually it really is. you just dont see it. because the text is white. on white.

double click I see the highlighted “invisibible” text.

Weird.

Anyone a thought on how to fix that problem?

Btw: I am on a german installation as well.

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmm … I’m guessing some other plugin is playing tricks with your tinymce fields then. Try disabling all other plugins and see if it works then, then reactivate one by one until you find the one causing the problem (if any). It might also be related to the theme you use for the admin backend of course.

Viewing 62 posts - 1 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top