Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Cancel form insists CAPTCHA must be present

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Whenever I try to display a Cancel form template, I get an error message

Also check that the placeholder #_CAPTCHA is present in the form.

The booking form for the event does have that placeholder, and the checkbox is checked.

But: it doesn’t matter whether I use the default cancel form, a custom form, or whether the form includes that field or not, or whether the captcha checkbox is checked or not. With the checkbox checked and the placeholder present in a custom template, I get that message. With the checkbox unchecked and the placeholder not present, I get that message.

[I really, really don’t want to cry “Bug” here, because I’m still getting to grips with the myriad options and flexibility. But I can’t get this behaviour to change. I hope it’s a simple thing I haven’t found yet.]

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, but I’m not able to reproduce this. Using the captcha option in the event is the only thing that triggers that message if #_CAPTCHA is not present (and yes, I tested using the form directly and with a template).
    Make sure that, when using a template, the form beneath the selection box for the template is empty (otherwise that overrides the selected template).
    Btw: I’ll correct the message that begins with “Also” (it is not correct English).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m pleased to say that since the recent update it now works! I’ve no idea what went wrong (and no cause to dig into that, either)

Having got the form to display, though, I’ve found that there’s an extra </div> following the cancel form, specifically in line 1054 of eme_formfields.php. It broke the “Precious” theme I’m using. Removing that tag after </form> causes everything to work beautifully. (I haven’t had any issues with other EME forms, or any other plugin, so it doesn’t appear to be a theme error.)

I’m still having issues with all the options — getting a particular cancellation email for the event rather than a generic one, for example — but I’ve got everything I need at the moment working, including a trigger to update a separate, existing “Covid-19 Test & Trace” table when someone signs in with an event QR code. I’ve sent a donation.

Franky
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up about the redundant div. I’ve removed it for the next version too.
    For the particular cancellation mail: check your event mail settings to make sure that everything in the part “Booking Cancelled Email” is empty, then the generic part will be chosen.
    Thanks for the donation as well, much appreciated!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top