Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Can I show the bookings seperately for two linked events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have two events that run on the same day. I dont mind how many entries I get for either, but the total number of seats over both events is fixed, so I link the events.

When I view the booking printable link, all bookings show as being from the “master” event. Is it possible to see the lists separately so I can see who booked on which of the two events?

I could create a multi-price event, so my user books an appropriate ticket. Now I can sort of see who booked in on what, but bookings are mixed in together, and its not very obvious which is which.

I could use a custom field dropdown, which is my current solution, but its not ideal, as it means having one event and the user selects the type. The events do run independently, so it would be nice to have them show as two separate events.

Any suggestions? Thank you

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, the linked event is meant for that: all bookings arrive on the “master event” (this can be used for courses, event pages in other languages etc …)
    In your case the events are NOT linked, but apparently just have a common limit on the number of seats. That can only be solved by using event filters so in 1 event you check the number of seats already taken in the other event, count the “own” seats taken and then do some logic on that. Check eme_eval_booking_form_post_filter in https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/12-hooks-and-filters/ (hint: to get an event and its details, use eme_get_event(MY_ID) ).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just about to start looking at hooks and filters, so I shall give that a go. thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top