Events Made Easy Forums Generic Can a visitor add comments

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

As above can a visitor add comments to an event? We want to use the plugin to show future events and allow contributors to comment on the event content prior to the event start.

Franky
    Keymaster

Since events are not posts: nope (not yet anyway). I’ll move this to the feature requests forum …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would love to have this feature too – and also make it possible for the event attendees to leave comments about their post-event experience and post photos from the event.

Franky
    Keymaster

For posting pictures afterwards: I would create a seperate page then with the shortcode “display_single_event”, eg: [display_single_event id=23]

and then let wordpress handle the rest. Maybe there are some gallery plugins that you can use then.

For the comments itself: I’ll get on it. I have an idea of how to get it done 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your plugin, very useful indeed. May I request though that comments be event-specific? Right now, comments visitors input appear in every event and in the event page. Would appreciate your thoughts…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please add my name to the list for this request as well. WE have over 250 events annually and growing and it would be great if people could share their experiences to encourage others to attend!

Thanks For Outstanding Support and an Incredible PlugIn Franky!!!

-Robert

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same here. Thanks for the good job with the plugin.

I managed to come around the same problem by using Facebook Comments plugin in addition to EME. It works with great – you can have a look yourself at

http://inicjatywa.home.pl/ffk/wp2/2011/02/04/program-woody-allen/

http://inicjatywa.home.pl/ffk/wp2/wydarzenia/?event_id=8

So for me the comments issue is resolved.

However, what bothers me now is the Facebook Like! button. I tried to put the Like button on the single event page. It grabs the correct address for the plugin, however on facebook it appears as a link to the events page list. Query string parameters seem to be truncated. As it was the case with the different wordpress comments plugins or star rating.

Dear Franky, maybe you would have a clue how to get FB Like button to work?

Somehow the FB Comments plugin works with EME. Maybe it will give you a clue how to come around the problem.

We could dig in the code ourselves if you could point us in the right direction. Where is the address of the single event constructed? What is the difference in how the posts and the single events addresses are being constructed?

Anything would help.

Cheers

Franky
    Keymaster

The reason is that events aren’t posts. There’s one “special” post page which contents are always overwritten with events data.

About the facebook button, admintiger has some experience with the “share this” plugin (which also uses facebook):

http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=528#post-2654

But I hope to implement local comments in the future … it’s just that sometimes wordpress is very hard to figure out …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Franky. In the meantime, while local comments are not doable yet, is there a way to disable the comment feature on the events page and on the specific event page?

Unfortunately, the facebook comments plugin did not work for our site, so the issue isn’t resolved for me.

Franky
    Keymaster

For this: create a regular wordpress page for your event (you can use EME shortcodes on that page as well to show e.g. the map or the subscribe form), and use that url in your EME event. Then people can comment on that page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky,

Whatever happened with local individual event comments?
    Did you ever get around to implementing them?

Franky
    Keymaster

I gave up on that: wordpress requires a post/comment relation and since events are not posts … so I have to recommend facebook comments here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top