Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Calling an image separately

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I need a way in which I can display an image associated with a post separately (as I wish to use a featured image as the header for each individual event, much like the ‘post-thumbnail’ feature).

I’ve been looking through your forum for a workaround and can’t find a solution.

I am able to display an image using the Custom Attribute feature, but how can I call on this attribute separately from the rest of the post (still within the loop ofcourse)?

Something along the lines of:

echo eme_attribute(‘key’)?

and how can I register a Custom attribute without having to put it directly in my ‘Default single event format’.

Would really appreciate some help with this!

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

Not possible for now. A feature request has already been made for an event image. Workaround is indeed to use the custom attribute method. If you don’t want the attribute to show for single events, just put it in the “Default event list format” setting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok. Thank you for the quick response!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Daniel, were you successful with this workaround? I’m inclined to wait until the image attachment feature is available in a future release, but if you have any advice (or if I could see how you’ve done this on your site), I’d really appreciate it!

Franky
    Keymaster

FYI: the next version will have the feature to attach an image to an event like for a location.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky, any target date for the next release?

Franky
    Keymaster

Releasing it now would be possible, but I promised the custom-form feature as well, and that’s not finished yet. Meanwhile: you can use the development version if you can’t wait:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/events-made-easy/download/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky!

I’ve now installed the development version and attached an image to the event. But how do I call it? I want to display a thumbnail (or the image) in the sidebar list widget. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

Like for locations: #_EVENTIMAGE and #_EVENTIMAGEURL

(added this to the changelog in readme.txt as well)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks!

What is #_EVENTIMAGEURL? Is it possible to somewhere (where?) in the event to specify an URL of an image, instead of uploading an image, to call for display?

Franky
    Keymaster

See explanation for LOCATIONIAGEURL in the doc

Anonymous
    Inactive

You mean here: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?p=284

I’m afraid that didn’t help me 🙁

But I guess it’s not possible to call an image from an external URL, you just have to upload it and that’s fine! If the external URL possibility had been there I would have needed to resize it to a thumbnail size anyway and maybe that’s even harder.

Thanks for quick answers anda a good tool!

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmmm … the doc there needs improvement 🙂

Anyway: the IMAGEURL just returns the http-link as text, so you can build your custom url’s with it (if you want another text pointing to the image or so …)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top