Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Calendar widget – How do I navigate month to month

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Might seem a simple question but I cannot traverse back or forward to different months using the calendar widget.

I have gone through the settings and checked for previous posts but cannot find a solution.

I have multiple entries for future (and past) events but when clicking on the arrows to move forward (or back) a month, nothing happens. The link in status bar shows “www.mywebsite.url/#”

Have I turned this feature off somewhere?

Franky
    Keymaster

Check if wp_footer is in the file footer.php of your theme; see

http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=372#post-1735

If not, the javascript needed is not going to be loaded and the navigation won’t work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm…yes wp_footer is being called (just before closing body tag). Perhaps there is something else wrong though with my footer.php

This might explain why my contact form widget is also not working.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Donation sent, least I can do.

Thanks.

Franky
    Keymaster

Another possibility: conflicting versions of jquery being loaded (a version of jquery is being loaded by wordpress and maybe another one by your theme, minified or not)

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is a possibility but I am relatively new to wordpress and html (3 months).

I will have a look through my code though. Any hints welcome.

Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, if you give me an url where the widget is loaded (not admin), I can already see if that’s the problem or not …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, had to leave work early.

I’ll email you the details.

Franky
    Keymaster

response mailed

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good Morning Franky,

I reset my permissions across the whole website so hopefully the 403 error is gone that you mentioned on my site (suttonrunners.org).

The first link takes me to a Apache web page?

The second link you sent me does not work for me, it is still static, I cannot move forward or back a month.

Franky
    Keymaster

Still doesn’t work. When you click on the prev/next month, you get requests like:

http://www.suttonrunners.org/?eme_ajaxCalendar=true&calmonth=12&calyear=2010&full=0&long_events=0&category=&author=Casper&contact_person=&location_id=

But in your case this redirects me to the test page. If I just remove the last part it works:

http://www.suttonrunners.org/?eme_ajaxCalendar=true&calmonth=12&calyear=2010&full=0&long_events=0&category=&author=Casper&contact_person=

so are you blocking anything in your rewrite rules? Just adding any other parameter redirects me to the test-page as well??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Let me check my .htaccess…

Ok, I have a plug-in installed “BulletProof Security Plugin” and had set the root .htaccess to secure.

Sorry for wasting your time, you were correct all along. I was probably being over cautious being new to wordpress and wanted to make things secure. Is there other methods I should be using to lock down my website or should I not worry with regards to .htaccess?

Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

I don’t know that plugin, but if you want to continue to use it, you’ll probably need to configure it a bit more 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

🙂

Well there is only two options, secure or unsecured (default).

I will check if there are any other options apart from this plugin and see what others have done.

The plugin allows me to set a “secure” .htaccess file on the root, or for wp-admin. I have set it for only wp-admin for now and it appears to be all working (including the calendar)

Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just for info. Details of the “secure” .htaccess file produced.

http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/wordpress-secure-htaccess-root.jpg

Franky
    Keymaster

Couldn’t harm according to me (quick view), but I would need to test it. But since it works after you disabled it, maybe the plugin does some other stuff besides creating a .htaccess file as well …

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top