Events Made Easy Forums Generic Calendar widget a whole day ahead?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My calendar is showing that it is tomorrow. It’s done this on two separate sites in two different time zones.

Where/How can I fix this? I couldn’t find anything, but then again, I’m not super code-savvy.

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

Then the time on your server might be wrong …

Anonymous
    Inactive

The blog’s time is fine. Just the calendar widget. Is there a way you can get the calendar to run off what the blog settings are?

Franky
    Keymaster

It does run off the blog settings, but then again, it might be a bug in that version. Please try what I suggested here (see http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=386#post-1860):

add these in events-manager.php around line 145 (just before all the includes):

$tzstring = get_option('timezone_string');
    if (!empty($tzstring) ) {
    @date_default_timezone_set ($tzstring);
    }

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m on a shared server and I don’t have control over what the time says there. 🙁 This is the best widget/plugin for events.

Franky
    Keymaster

The code I mentioned is for EME, did you try it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Server clocks are often set to UTC (Greenwich Mean Time). If you are located in the U.S. and your server clock is set to UTC it will be one day ahead of your local date during several hours of each day. However, the code Franky suggested above will force use of the timezone you have set for your blog instead of the timezone set for the server. I can confirm that it works. I am testing EME on a server set to UTC, but EME is using the blog timezone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t see the code before I posted the reply, sorry. I will try it and let you know what happens.

Thanks for your quick replies!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I first uninstalled the plugin and then re-installed it. Not sure why that worked because it was the same version both times…

Either way it is fixed now.

Thanks for your help! Minus a few quirks it is a great plugin!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, it’s un-fixed. I updated the plug-in and we’re back to being a day ahead. I double checked the UTC time settings on the blogs (there are currently 2 using it) and it is correct for the timezone. The fix on the other thread didn’t work (I see you added timezone code in anyway, so this should be unnecessary) and any time I edit events-manager.php it ends in a fatal error and deactivates (line 1307 I think), even if I remove whatever I added in.

I’m at a loss. Any help would be appreciated!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top