Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Calendar returns to actual date

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Folks, i´am new to the eme and have a few problems to solve:

the calendar used by eme returns after clicking a special date (f.e. 13.Oktober 2011) to the actual date. If someone wants to see the events of the next day, week or month, he has to click through the calendar once again.

If i setup the pagination function on the event-site, i got two different paginations: one for the selected date and one for the actual date, i think because of the date fall-back.

Is there a function, filter or anything else which prevents the this?

I hope my question makes sense to somebody, cause english is not my mother tongue.

Many Greetings from Berlin

Phishkopp

Franky
    Keymaster

normally, when clicking the calendar widget for a specific date, the calendar stays on that month …

Anonymous
    Inactive

hm, without any changes in the settings, my calendar (its placed in a in_post_box, not in the sidebar as widget) returns to the actual date?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The calendar will return to the current month if it is used in such a way that clicking a link on it causes the web page it is on to reload.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The click causes a reload, because it loads the event site linked to that date, i thought this is the normal behavior. Do you know, how can i prevent the reload?

Franky
    Keymaster

The click goes to another page, not the same, so I don’t quite understand this … can you demonstrate?

Anonymous
    Inactive

here it is: http://hirschfluss.de/bob

If you select a date in the calendar, you get the events page of this date and the calendar returns to the current month. F.e. you want to have a look of whats going on at October, the 23th. You´ll get the tour events of this date but the calendar switches back to march. So if i want to have a look whats going on at October the 24th, i have to click all the way to this date once again.

My second problem is, that if i use the event_list shortcode with pagination parameters on the events-site (at standard event site settings), there will be paginations for the selected tour dates and tours on the actual date will also be displayed with their own pagination, which is very confusing:

And there is a third problem: the eme allows to limit the rsvp but not to have unlimited booking space with a integer-Textarea to fill in the needed spaces. And a dropdown up to 9999 spaces is in this case not very usefull.

Is there a way to change the spaces-dropdown to normal textarea an to setup Events with not limited spaces?

Franky
    Keymaster

This is because you’re not using the calendar widget. Use a widgetized theme and use the calendar widget and you’re good to go.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your help, so the use of the widget in sidebar 1 or 2 will solve the problem?

Franky
    Keymaster

yup

Anonymous
    Inactive

Placed in the Sidebar as widget, can i define, which category the calendar should show on which site? This is the reason, why i put different calendars (with a category filter) in a hook (post_box_top), and wrapped a query around this.

Franky
    Keymaster

yes, check the widget settings

Anonymous
    Inactive

In the calendar widget, i got this settings: title, display long events, category and author. But i cant define which category is displayed in the calendar on different sites. Can you maybe explain, how i can manage this? Do i have to ad filters, hooks, parameters and if yes, where?

Franky
    Keymaster

Different sites ???

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok, i meant different Pages, sorry.

Franky
    Keymaster

Nope, this is not possible by default. But you can use a filter for that:

http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=41

Or, if wordpress can support different widget settings on different pages, try that. See e.g. http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-make-different-pages-show-different-widgets

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top