Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Using the latest EME 2.2.49 I’m trying out the tasks and found these issues:

1) [eme_tasks_signupform] does not honor the parameter id=#_EVENTID and shows the form for all events instead
    2) [eme_tasks_signups] does not honor the parameter id=#_EVENTID and shows the tasks for all events instead
    3) #_SUBMIT{} does not use the provided text but prints it after the button
    4) [eme_tasks_signupform] is missing placeholders to show who already took each task
    5) changing the date of the event does not automatically update the date of the tasks. Could/should that be an option?
    6) when adding tasks to an event, the start and end have to be set manually, faster would be to insert or use the eventstart and end by default, this could also solve issue 5
    7) [eme_tasks_signupform] is missing a parameter to skip showing tasks that are already completely taken. This could simplify/shorten the signup form when it is used in conjunction with a signups-list anyways.

Thanks a lot for your module and for the frequent updates.

Franky
    Keymaster

1 and 2: it is event_id. The doc was correct but the examples not, I have corrected those.
    3: correct, fixed in development already
    4: that’s why currently you have [eme_tasks_signups]
    5: very difficult to do, and unwanted since the change is not visual, but I do agree with 6
    6: I’ll see what I can do
    7: indeed, the next version will have a skip_full option

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for all the good feedback.

#1/2 works now

It sounds like you have plans for #4, that would be awesome. I’m still juggling how to make it as user friendly as possible before advertising it to my fellow community members and going live substituting the etherpad/wiki currently in use.

8) If all signup form fields and button got hidden when no tasks are available, it would be possible to leave the […signupform event_id=#_EVENTID] in the event template
    9) Is there a possibility list the total amount of (still) open task spaces for an event?

Franky
    Keymaster

8: handled in dev
    9: not currently

Franky
    Keymaster

6: javascript optimized a bit: date will be copied from line where you do “+”

Franky
    Keymaster

for 4, from the dev changelog:

* Add task placeholder #_TASKID (allows you to call e.g. [eme_task_signups task_id=#_TASKID] when inside the list of task signups
    * Add task placeholder #_TASKSIGNUPS, to be able to show a list of signups inside the signup form itself (format is then done via the generic EME settings)

(together with some extra generic task options to format the signups by default)

Franky
    Keymaster

for 9, from the dev changelog:

* Added event placeholders #_AVAILABLETASKS and #_FREETASKS, returns the number of free tasks for an event

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your development speed is beyond awesome.

4: these solutions should make it possible to create a table of tasks, that is gradually filling up. Great! I’m eager to see how the two solutions differ from each other.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top