Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Booking form for a conference with workshops

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I currently try to create a booking form for a conference including several workshops in two slots (in the morning and in the afternoon). The attendees must register for the conference with 8 different seat categories and prices, then they have to choose their workshops. I thought about a multibooking form, but the conference is a multi seat event and the workshops aren’t.

Furthermore each attendee can only choose a workshop in the morning or in the afernoon and can take part in a discussion forum in the other time slot (due to capacity problems). So if he/she chooses a workshop in the morning he/she can only attend the discussion forum in the afternoon and the other way round.

Is there any way to create a conditional logic like that? And can I create a multibooking form including a multiset event and events with only one category of seats? Or can I embed a simple booking form into a multibooking form?

I am grateful for any hint or tip.

Best regards,
    Meike

Franky
    Keymaster

While I understand the usecase, currently it is not possible in EME in this manner. While you can use some javascript to hide the afternoon when someone selects a seat in the morning (and vice versa), that is per event. I’m struggling with how to represent events with single seats/multiseats in one form … I would need time to investigate and check the code for this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your quick response, I guessed that it is not possible in EME to hide the workshop selection dependent on the choice made for the other workshop slot. But thanks for clearifying.
    It would be a great help if I could use a multibooking form including single seat and multiseats events. Thanks for thinking…

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I could add an option multiseat_template_id to the booking shortcode … need to test everything then first of course

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would highly appreciate – can you keep me informed?
    Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

Although not tested (but I see no reason why it shouldn’t work, but again …):

https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2788027/

Franky
    Keymaster

Improvement on this:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2789641/ (switch to multiprice_template_id, not multiseat_template_id since sometimes an event is not multiseat but only multiprice if different price categories exist).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad to here from you – and thanks a lot for implementing this. But actually I need a little help in how to use it.
    So I can use multiprice_template_id instead of template_id in the multi-booking form – right?

Franky
    Keymaster

you have to use both in fact:

template_id for the events that are not multiprice
    multiprice_template_id for the events that are multiprice

In case all events are identical (be it regular or multiprice), then the use of template_id is sufficient. I updated the doc too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried to figure it out and use this shortcode:

[eme_add_multibooking_form id=128,129,131,132 multiprice_template_id=15 template_id=19 template_id_header=14 template_id_footer=16]

Actually only the booking form for choosing a workshop (single price event) is displayed, the multiprice booking form isn’t. Have I messed it up?

Franky
    Keymaster

Does template id 15 exist? And what is the content?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, template id 15 does exist and this is the content:

Mitglied LV Hessen Frühbucher: #_SEATS{1}
    Mitglied anderer LV Frühbucher: #_SEATS{2}
    Nichtmitglied Frühbucher: #_SEATS{3}
    Schülerin Frühbucher: #_SEATS{4}
    Mitglied LV Hessen Normalpreis: #_SEATS{5}
    Mitglied anderer LV Normalpreis: #_SEATS{6}
    Nichtmitglied Normalpreis: #_SEATS{7}
    Schülerin  Normalpreis: #_SEATS{8}

Just the different prices to choose from, the other information to fill in is in the header and the submit button in the footer template.

Franky
    Keymaster

And what is the content of template id 19 and 14? Because if you create a html-list or a table (ul or ol or table html opening tags in the header template), your template 19 should have li or tr+td tags surrounding the content.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is an opening and a closing table tag in template id 15 (multi price). There is another table (with opening and closing tag) in template id 14 as well. I thought that should work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got it: the multiprice event was a draft, so nothing was displayed! Thanks for your patience and sorry for stealing your time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just one last question: Is it possible to restrict the selection in the multibooking form to just one singleprice-event? It sounds a little odd to restrict a multibooking event to just booking one event but if praticipants could choose a seat for the multiprice event and book one workshop (single price event) this would solve my other problem in a very simple way.

Franky
    Keymaster

There’s is one thing you can try: the filter eme_eval_multibooking_form_post_filter , see https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/12-hooks-and-filters/
    You’ll need to build your logic in the filter yourself, but it is possible to check for things there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, I will see if I can figure it out!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top