Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Beginners Question on formatting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m totally new to WordPress, HTML you name it. Have mucked up the default settings for event display format.

In the documentation it says “just write your html code in the usual way” which of course I don’t know squat about.

For the main events page, where I would display and event listing (name, location, time and a link to the event itself) can SOMEONE provide me a solid example of the HTML and shortcodes for a simple display?

It may be that my template (Dandelion) also has fonts and colors so I’m happy to piggyback on that if I could pull the data in correctly.

Sorry to ask a rookie question. Seems most of the users of this plugin are way ahead of my technically.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It isn’t necessary to write HTML code if you use shortcodes. See: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/#shortcodes

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve read this document and guess I don’t know what I’m reading. I’ve been successful doing single shortcodes e.g. #_NAME

Cant figure out how to do something like this:

Event Name

Time

Where event name is the link (presumably #_LINKEDNAME)

and there is more general formatting to the look-feel of the info.

I think the plugin had a default (perhaps it was pulling from my theme)but in mucking around with it, I’ve managed to delete any default settings. What I’ve got right now looks something like this:

Orality in James Joyce Conference Arts Millenium Building Newcastle Road Galway Traditional music session The Crane Bar 2, Sea Road Galway 6 Nations, Italy VS Ireland Taaffes Bar 19 Shop Street Galway

again, sorry to be so daft. Thanks for chiming in to help however.

Anonymous
    Inactive

By Golly, I think I’ve figured it out. Sorry for all the trouble!

Franky
    Keymaster

Glad to hear!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello! I think I may have a similar issue and am wondering how you solved yours?

I am looking to display just the date and name, but have the name still link to the actual event. (when I add the #_NAME it takes away the link!)

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Franky
    Keymaster

Use #_LINKEDNAME then, see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=25

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top