Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Automatically remove pending members

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    In a membership I have lost members who were automatically removed because expired 40 days ago as I had set it up. Is there a solution to restore them ? Maybe with a database backup or by modifying some tables in the database?
    Thanks if you could help me.
    Frédéric

Franky
    Keymaster

If you have no new members since, you can restore the table called wp_eme_members (the prefix “wp_” might be different).
    Of course safer would be if you knew the member id’s, so you can restore specific lines.
    Also, if your membership contains answers to custom fields, you need to restore the corresponding lines in wp_eme_answers too (based on member id).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks a lot I try it and come back

Anonymous
    Inactive

This period is quiet and so I chose to restore the base. Everything seems ok. I had set up automatic deletion of pending members but I didn’t expect expired members who had not yet paid (renewed) their membership to be deleted. Unless one of my administrators was overzealous. What do you think? is it possible that expired members was deleted automatically? or is it a manual action?

Franky
    Keymaster

In the EME options, you have a tab on “data protection” (or gdpr, …) and there you have a setting “Automatically remove expired members”. If that’s not 0, then those will get deleted.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I’ve found the problem, it is the “automatically remove expired members” setting. But it seems that this parameter counts the days from the beginning of the membership and not from the beginning of the expiration period. I had set it to 400 and thought it was 1 year and 35 days. But in fact after 35 (400-365) days the members were removed from the membership.

Franky
    Keymaster

I checked the code, and it takes the end date into account. Only if the end date is empty, it takes the start date. Was the end date empty for some reason?
    Edit: in the meantime I changed the code a bit (since only the end date should be taken into account anyway).

Anonymous
    Inactive

No the end date was not empty.

Franky
    Keymaster

If the end date was not empty, then the expired check is done based on that date.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have understood but on my case I am not sure if it was. The membership was set to one year, the start date was the 1-1-2020 and the end date the 1-1-2021. The time before remove the expired members was 400. And the members expired were deleted between before the 13 February. Maybe I’m wrong, but I have a doubt, so I set the field to 0.
    I got all the members back, that’s the main thing.
    Thanks for your quick support during this weekend !

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ll check that maybe there’s a wrap if the number of days difference exceed a year …

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top