Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Automatic waiting list approval

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

as a sports club we love using EME for our training session bookings.
    We have set up a series of events with a limit for participants and a waiting list in case the number of participants gets too high for the current gym capacity.

Now, whenever someone cancels his booking, we have to manually move the next person from the waiting list to approved bookings.
    I would love to have the opportunity to just move the next-earliest booking to the approved bookings list automatically and have the default ‘booking approved’ email sent out to them.

Maybe I’m just blind and this belongs in the ‘How Do I’ forum, otherwise this would be a great feature to have! 🙂

Thanks for your great work Franky, it is appreciated every day, keep it up! 😀

Regards,
    Lars

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, it is technically possible, but normally the workflow is from waitinglist => pending => approved. I can’t know if something can be approved like that. Maybe this:
    – if waitinglist booking gets freed up: If no payment is needed and auto-approve is on then booking can go to approved (+mail) otherwise in pending (+mail)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your reply. I’ve played around a bit and found this funny behaviour:

To try things out, I created a new (free) event for 3 seats and 2 of these seats are the waiting list.
    No payment is needed to sign up for the event. After the first user has signed up, the next user should be sent to the waiting list.
    I enabled ‘Booking confirmation required’ and ‘automatic booking confirmation after payment’ (I translated these options from german, not sure if these are correct word for word).

Now, the first user is automatically approved after signing up, no problem so far.
    The second user is sent to the waiting list (I can see that in the backend) BUT receives a regular booking confirmation via email – usually he should receive the waiting list notification via email.

I might be doing something wrong here, but that shouldn’t be the case either way, right? 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

This last is a small bug, this should fix it:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2585465/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,
    Automatic transfer from the waiting list to the list of approved reservations is now implemented. There is a checkbox in the event backend on the RSVP tab. Is it possible to put this checkbox also in the RSVP settings so that this option can also be chosen by default for all new events?

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version will have a default setting. However, if you edit events now, that setting will override the default setting (because it doesn’t exist yet).
    The change is here:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2589096/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your quick answer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top