Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Automatic waiting list approval Mail-confimation wrong template

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,
    i encounter the following problem since mid of December, until end of November it was working really fine.
    I have set up a waiting list for events. (The “Check waitinglist when seats become available” is checked) If an event is fully booked and someone cancels a booked place, one place is automatically transferred from the waiting list to the list of approved reservations. That is still working. But since mid of december the moved person gets the “Booking Pending Email” but not the “Booking Made or Approved Email”. Also the contact person gets the wrong Email.
    It seems that the booking system chooses the wrong template. Or did i miss a special setting?

Thanks for your really helpful plugin.
    Steffen

Franky
    Keymaster

Confirmed as a bug: while I change the booking correctly, I used the “old” booking to send the mail with, resulting in this.
    This should fix it:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2657230/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

now it is running, but I made a mistake when I downloaded the changed eme_rsvp.php. After i put it with ftp in the /wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy folder my whole site (front- and backend) showed up the changeset page. So i downloaded not the correct php instead the changeset html page (via right-click – download file). It was named eme_rsvp.php, but inside was html. It took me some time to find the right way to download the correct PHP file.
    Perhaps it would be good if you add a little tutorial how to use such a fix (I didn’t find).

Thanks for your support
    Steffen

Franky
    Keymaster

While I mention the changeset to anyone wanting to have the fix immediately, I *never* recommend to download a changed file completely since other changes can already be present (that are not part of the fix you need).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

the above mentioned function does not work in my setup:
    I have set up a waiting list for events. (The “Check waitinglist when seats become available” is checked) If an event is fully booked and someone cancels a booked place, one place is automatically transferred from the waiting list to the list of approved reservations.

I have checked both options, the one in the Settings -> Bookings section and as well I activated the option in the event itself.

If a seat becomes available, nothing happenes. Is there anything else I have to prepare?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just confirmed a Person on the waiting list so the person disappeared from the waiting list and was added to the booked list. I checked option above the list so a “confirmation email” was sent out. Unfortunately, the system sent out the “you are on the waiting list” email before it sent out the “booking confirmed” message.

Is this still a bug?

Franky
    Keymaster

Josef: I don’t understand your first/second remark because they kind of contradict each other. So: does the waiting list function work? If so: which mail is being sent (because EME doesn’t send pending+approved mails in one go)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky, sorry, maybe it´s this Englisch thing.
    the AUTOMATIC does not work. So if a place turns free, the waiting list is not automatically being processed. Thats my first remark.

My second remark is about the MANUAL process (as automatic waiting list is not working) when I remove a person to have a free seat and then i need to set the waiting list candidate to “set booking to confirmed” (sorry, it´s all in German so I don´t know the exact Englisch version of your functions.

Does it make it clearer now?

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, some explanation in place:
    if the “Check waitinglist when seats become available” is checked and a seat becomes available, a booking on the waitinglist becomes either pending or approved. The new status depends on the settings of the event: if an event is set to “require approval” for bookings (meaning approval from the event manager), the booking will go from waiting => pending. If no approval is needed: waiting => approved.
    Based on your explanation you have set the “require approval” option.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I expected the mentioned behaviour, but nothing happens at all. No status changes. Do you want admin access?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The booking simply stays in the folder “unconfirmed bookings”…

Franky
    Keymaster

Feel free to send me some admin access, I can take a look later ( franky@e-dynamics.be )

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top