Events Made Easy Forums Generic autocomplete="new-password" to the RSVP password field and the event url field

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Would it be possible to disable autocomplete on the event url field and on the RSVP password field. My browser keeps auto populating them and it is getting quite frustrating.

Franky
    Keymaster

The rsvp password is autocomplete disabled, but that doesn’t mean the browser must ignore it … many browsers ignore the autocomplete.
    The url: I will not do that, since it is a field like any other. It gets autocompleted but it is visible so can be rectified. Otherwise some people will ask for disable for name, email, … too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just re-read my post and realized I wasnt clear. I am not refering to the rsvp form. I am referring to the add/edit event form on the admin side. I would think autofill is not very useful and is actually a hindrance there.

Franky
    Keymaster

The password field in the event form is autocomplete=off too (check the html source). But like I said: many browsers ignore it, so you need to ask your browser creator.
    See also: https://gist.github.com/niksumeiko/360164708c3b326bd1c8

Anonymous
    Inactive

autocomplete=off doesn’t work usually, a lot of browsers including chrome have dropped support for that. But, I have used autocomplete=”new-password” with good success recently.

It is to the point where every time I make a change to an event I have to go back and clear the external url field and the password field before I can hit save.

Franky
    Keymaster

The url-field is no different from any other field, so if that is posing problems you should have other fields being completed too. And while “new-password” works for you, it might not for others, don’t blame me please … and it is only valid for html5, and many admin interfaces are not html5. And more: one can’t use ‘off’ and ‘new-password’ (for example) at the same time. Maybe I’ll try autocomplete=off on the complete form as a whole …
    Just don’t allow the pre-fill to happen. I never had issues so far, but I use firefox.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not blaming you for anything, it was just a simple feature request. Implement it or don’t. Either way, thanks for your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top