Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Attendees List

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d like to put a link on the single event page that goes to a plainly formatted (printable) list of attendees for the event, preferably where I can customize the fields shown. Ideally, it would be on a page within the wordpress heirarchy, so I can password protect it. That way I can have volunteer event administrators not need to access the WP admin backend.

I can write this from scratch in PHP to pull the data from the database, but it seems like this functionality might already exist and I’m just having trouble finding it in the documentation.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Franky
    Keymaster

The list of attendees is available via the #_ATTENDEES placeholder, see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=25

#_ATTENDEES will return a html-list of names attending the event (formatted via the setting “Attendees list format”)

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, but what do I do with the placeholder in this case?

It seems like I want to be on the single-event page and have a link to another single-event page (for the same event) that is formatted with just that placeholder. But where do I find the syntax to craft the URL for that second, differently-formatted single-event page so it knows which event to pull?

Franky
    Keymaster

For the second page, create a template, use the shortcode [display_single_event] and use the filter “eme_event_filter”, see

http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=41. You should be able to change the layout of the event then.

I know it’s a event-per-event thing using this shortcode, but for now …

Or another option: put that event in a special category and use the [events_list] shortcode with the option “category”. Also use the “format” option, so you can just show what you want for that event …

You can also play with conditional tags here.

Much to try out, hope it helps!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m still a bit confused. How is the eme_event_filter, triggered by the [display_single_event] on the second WordPress page, going to know which event I want to display? Do I have to hard-code it into the [display_single_event id=nn]?

Because the goal is for every event to have this functionality.

Maybe a $_POST that eme_event_filter looks for to know to display #_ATTENDEES instead of single_event or events_list? How does the events page know which to display right now? Can I hook into that (without hacking the trunk and losing it when you issue an update?)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top