Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Adding an Event Image

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Just downloaded and installed, and am excited to get to use the plugin.

I made an event, and filled in the “Event Image” textbox. However, the image does NOT show up on the actual event? I tried checking the documentation and forums but can’t seem to find the solution.

(Also, need the calendar to be 100% width but I’ll keep looking).

I wonder if any of the experts on here have the answer to the above (which I’m sure is simple).

thanks

David

Franky
    Keymaster

Use the event placeholder #_EVENTIMAGE in your single event format and the image will show up. See here for all event placeholders: https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-2-events/
    Also: everything about the calendar can be changed via CSS (just don’t use the special events page directly, read the doc: https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/3-installation-and-usage/ )

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the info! When you say “in your single event format”. I assume you don’t mean the events page that says “This page is used by Events Made Easy. Don’t change it, don’t use it in your me…”?

After making an event in the admin section, I notice that it creates the event on the “events” page above.

The documentation link you so kindly supplied says:

“To render events (after creating events in the EME admin section, see next chapter), just create normal regular WordPress pages and use any available EME shortcode (see other part of this doc for all available shortcodes with their options and examples) to render events, locations, … any way you like it.”

Does that mean, that after creating an event (which then already shows up on the events page), that we’re also supposed to make another wordpress post and put event shortcodes on it?

Seems like double work?

Thanks again

D.

Franky
    Keymaster

You’re asking questions that are clearly explained in the second link I referenced above.
    Concerning the “single event format”, I really mean the “single event format”, not the special events page. Look in your settings (generic, in EME settings) for this, and you can change it per event too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your assistance.

I have found them. Settings, Events (no “generic” under settings) and had to add .

Always a mystery why someone would make a place where you select an image for the event, but it doesn’t show up (unless you do some manual coding).

This plugin says it does mail notifications. I had one that was perfect, but an update broke it. As a result it’s been a while to find one that does email notifications, so hopefully that’s nice and smooth.

Again, I appreciate your assistance.

Franky
    Keymaster

EME has more than a hundred placeholders, it is up to you to define how/where to use them. That’s the whole point of defining templates, so you can decide what to show per event and how, the image (or map, rsvp form, extra text, etc …) is no exception.
    Even with mail: you can decide what to mail and to whom, but be sure to test it (and if you use smtp: make sure you understand and know the smtp settings your server needs).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top