Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Add meta (head) fields to Settings page

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I see a few requests in here for a way to add meta info to the <head> of the events pages like for facebook sharing, seo, etc…

Could there be fields in the settings for single event pages and single location pages similar to “Single event page title format” and “Single location page title format” where if these fields are filled out they would add meta info to the <head> of the single event and single location pages with the ability to format the meta data with eme placeholders?

single location example:

<meta property="og:title" content="#_NAME"/>
    <meta property="og:url" content="#_LOCATIONPAGEURL"/>
    <meta property="og:image" content="http://www.site.com/../uploads/locations-pics/location-#_LOCATIONID.jpg"/>

Maybe “Single event page meta info” and “Single location page meta info” fields?

Anonymous
    Inactive

If this would happen, I think it will help in indexing our single events in google search! Looking forward on more SEO development for this amazing plugin!

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, the code for this is ready (meaning I figured out how to code it up). I just need to figure out how to do the settings part:

– either a single text box where you can enter all the meta info of your choice

– or: per meta tag, ask for tag-name (e.g. “property”), tag-value (e.g. “og:title”) and content value (e.g. “#_NAME”)

Franky
    Keymaster

Implemented in trunk:

extra html headers can now be added, usefull for e.g. meta tags for facebook or seo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top