Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Add Location with Latitude & Longitude values

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I want to add location to database with entering latitude and longitude values, because google maps for Turkey does not support address information completely. When i look to database, i saw latitude and longitude entities, i chanced them for a location, but map still works from “location town” values and shows city center. How can i solve this problem, or can developer produce a new solution for this issue? Please help me and sorry about my bad english 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Captain,

I’ve checked a bit around and found that out.

Example Location is a place in France:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=%2B44%C2%B0+17’+18.49%22,-0%C2%B0+31’+32.26%22&sll=44.159549,-0.428467&sspn=0.834459,2.066803&ie=UTF8&ll=44.321883,-0.677032&spn=0.83216,2.066803&z=10

To realize that this place is shown properly (after having jumped from Africa over Brazil to France finally, I’ve managed it this way:

Street: ‘+ 44° 17’ 18.49″‘

City: ‘- 0° 31’ 32.26″‘

You should take care of the spacing between the characters!

Hope it does it for you, too!

The venue is shown later in the details as somewhere at the equator west of Africa… But that is another issue which is not solved yet and might be a bug in google’s maps. Usually one day later the vvenues are shown on the right place.

Anonymous
    Inactive

during the setup I see the maps as following:

– New&Edit Location: perfect

– Edit Event: green box

– Frontend / Event details: equator (0°0’0.00″,0°0’0.00″)

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, for now it is not possible to fill in lattitude/longitude yourself. The code is almost ready for that though …

Franky
    Keymaster

And about the locations not being shown: Sebastian, you should update to the latest trunk again (it contained an error).

Anonymous
    Inactive

thx Franky!

Franky
    Keymaster

does this means the locations work ok again?

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: for lattitude and longitude: you can change this in the database, but you need the decimal values. For reference: http://www.hmssurprise.org/Resources/whereami.html

Franky
    Keymaster

Or even better: go to http://maps.google.com/, find your place, right-click on it and select “What’s here”, then you get the needed coordinates.

In the “Edit Event” it will always look at the description (location, town, …), so don’t edit the corresponding event/location afterwards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To correct myself concerning longitude/latitude: I’ve misspelled something.

Correct and matching was (without brackets):

Street: (+ 44° 17′ 18.49″)

City: (- 0° 31′ 32.26″)

This should show a place in South-West of France, at least in the venue setup in the backend!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top