Events Made Easy Forums How do I … add discount code on membership page?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there, I am wondering if there is any way of adding #_DISCOUNT like what is possible for events, for membership signup page?

Franky
    Keymaster

That requires a lot of extra coding. Currently it is low on my priority list, unless someone donates so I can spend the needed time on it …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t mind donating something for this. A feature I think is very valuable to have.
    But I feel that I want to get to know the Membership part of the plugin a bit more before I do. Do you have any video explaining this part?

Franky
    Keymaster

Currently not. I’ll try this or next week (it takes preparations). Also, there is the placeholder doc on that: https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-13-membershipform/
    I know it is not much, but I try to make it self-explanatory when creating a membership … lots of stuff is explained on the membership creation page too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool man, I will try it out to the best of my ability and ask questions if anything pops up unless there is already an answer in the forum 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

I, too, would be interested in having discount codes for memberships. Are there any news here? From reading this thread and the documentation I’m not sure if it has been addressed in the meantime?

In the Membership form documentation where it talks about the #_DYNAMICPRICE placeholder ist says: “#_DYNAMICPRICE shows the total price to pay in the rsvp form already (taking regular discounts into account).”
    This would imply we could use discounts here? But #_DISCOUNT still is not available on the Memberhsip form, is it?

Thanks for clarifying!

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, my initial answer still stands as well 🙂 Feel free to donate to get this feature more quickly …
    Edit: and I changed the doc on #_DYNAMICPRICE for memberships too, it was wrongly copy/pasted from the section about the rsvp form.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the update, very good. I will gladly and defintely donate!
    First though, I need to play around a little more with everything and figure out how to best adapt EME to match my needs…

Perhaps I could ask you for some advice concerning user signup for our conference? We will have a weeklong conference with more than 100 single events, for some you need to sign up. Obviously I’ll be using RSVP for all the individual event bookings.

What I’m not so sure about though is how to best implement the registering/booking for the entire conference week? We are offering different pricing tiers and some will have the option of adding discounts, too. We will need to send confirmation emails and invoices and allow people to cancel their attendance.
    My hunch is that EME memberships would fit best here. But I probably could also setup a “special” weeklong event here as well and have people RSVP just as well?
    What would you recommend? What is the advantage of one over the other, if any?
    Thank you!

Franky
    Keymaster

For your question: please open another thread (this is not related to the initial question).

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, done.
    Sorry.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top