Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Add custom field on Cancel one payment form format

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

It looks like custom fields don’t render in the Cancel one payment form format section.

I’ve created a custom field, a drop down list to act as a ‘reason why cancelled’

I’ve got the code in Cancel one payment form format as:

‘<p align=”center”>You’re about to cancel the following booking, please wait for the confirmation message after clicking the cancel button.</p>
    <p align=”center”>#_FIELD{booking_cancellation_reasons}</p> <br />
    <p align=”center”>#_CANCEL_PAYMENT_LINE</p> <br />#_SUBMIT’

The #_CANCEL_PAYMENT_LINE and #_SUBMIT placeholders work fine, but the #_FIELD{booking_cancellation_reasons} doesn’t show the drop down list, it just displays as it is.

I’ve tried another custom field that works on a booking form in the same place and the same happens.

Is it possible to implement the use of custom fields in the Cancel one payment form format section?

Thanks.

Franky
    Keymaster

A payment can correspond with multiple bookings, so custom fields are difficult when cancelling. For now this would be a big hassle to implement …

Anonymous
    Inactive

No worries, thanks for letting me know Franky.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The same happens adding it to the Cancel all bookings form format

Is this also linked with payments or could custom fields be made available in there?

Thanks.

Franky
    Keymaster

It is the same, see https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/6-shortcodes/eme_cancel_all_bookings_form/ for the list of placeholders you can use.
    But I forgot to mention (I in fact completely forgot about it): in the past I implemented #_CANCELCOMMENT (can be used in the form and in the cancel mail), that allows people to enter their cancel reason. It is not stored in the db, so you’ll need to use it in your cancel mail template.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top