Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Add colors to events_list

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am converting a website from an old static site to wordpress. One of the things the org would like to keep is an events list, and after looking around, Events Manager Extended will suit their needs quite well.

However, they have used colors along with categories to distinguish events in their list. I would like to keep this for them.

I have already edited the eme_categories.php file, adding a field for category_color, and also adding a field in the database table to support it. The output on the events category list simply adds the color to the <tr> tag in a css style. Works great.

But…getting that color to show up in the

• style is a different matter. What I’ve done so far is add a definition to events_manager.php:
  • define('DEFAULT_CATEGORY_COLOR', '#_CATEGORYCOLOR');

I’ve also modified, in the Events Manager settings page, the Default Events List Format to look like this:

<li style="background-color:#_CATEGORYCOLOR; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 5px; border-bottom:1px solid black; list-style-type:none;">#F #j to #@F #@j&nbsp;&nbsp;#_LINKEDNAME&nbsp;&nbsp;#_LOCATION, #_TOWN</li>

But…now what? Where do I go to make the #_CATEGORYCOLOR the value queried from the DB for each event in the event list, assuming that there are different colors for each category?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top