Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Add a comment manually

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I’m in the approved bookings table I’d like to be able to edit the ‘comment’ field to add some notes, mainly to mark whether the person DNA’d or not so we can report on it.

I can’t seem to find how to add data to this, when I click edit on the row it doesn’t give me an option to add to it.

I’ve tried creating a custom field (DNA / check box) in the hope that I’d be able to add that as a column in the approved bookings table but that didn’t work for me either.

Is there a way to add a mark/comment to a persons booking to state whether they attended the event or not please?

Thanks,
    David.

Franky
    Keymaster

What was the definition of your custom field? If you create one of type “RSVP field”, it will show up as an extra column. And then you need to change your RSVP template to use that field only in the admin backend. Something like this:

[eme_if tag='#_IS_ADMIN_PAGE' value='1'] Attendance check: #_FIELD{blabla} [/eme_if]

Franky
    Keymaster

But maybe I can add an extra field to the admin backend per booking, to indicate the attendance check … I need to check that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for this Franky.

Custom field is:

Field name: DNA
    Type: Checkbox
    Purpose: RSVP
    Required: No
    Searchable/Sortable: Yes
    Extra charge: No
    Field Values: “No”
    Field tags: nothing entered
    Admin field values: nothing entered
    Admin field tags: nothing entered
    HTML field attributes: nothing entered

I’ve gone to edit a booking and after using the code above with the field name [eme_if tag='#_IS_ADMIN_PAGE' value='1'] Attendance check: #_FIELD{DNA} [/eme_if] I see attendance check on the edit form as you said I would.

[eme_if tag='#_WAITING_LIST_ACTIVATED' value='1']
    <p align="center"><b>Please note this event is currently full. </p>
    <p align="center">Submitting the form below will place you on the waiting list for this event.</b></p>
    [/eme_if]
    <table class='eme-rsvp-form'>
        <tr><th scope='row'>First Name*:</th><td>#REQ_FIRSTNAME</td></tr>#_SEATS 
        <tr><th scope='row'>Last Name*:</th><td>#_LASTNAME</td></tr>
        <tr><th scope='row'>E-Mail*:</th><td>#_EMAIL</td></tr>
        <tr><th scope='row'>[eme_if tag='#_IS_ADMIN_PAGE' value='1'] Attendance check: #_FIELD{DNA} [/eme_if]</td></tr>
    </table>
    [eme_if tag='#_WAITING_LIST_ACTIVATED' value='0']
    #_SUBMIT
    [/eme_if]
    [eme_if tag='#_WAITING_LIST_ACTIVATED' value='1']
    #_SUBMIT{Request to be placed on the waiting list}
    [/eme_if]

When I right click on the column headers to show the DNA field in the bookings table it isn’t listed there to be able to be added to the view.

I’ve downloaded the csv file and that is the same, it shows all fields available in the right click menu for the view, but DNA is not included.

I’ve got Use attributes set as Yes in the General settings (not sure if this is needed), I can’t see any other option that might show the custom field in the list of available column fields.

Hope you can help? I’ve looked at the documentation but can’t see what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks,
    David.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, you made me find another bug 🙂
    Fields of type RSVP were not shown in the booking table overview, I’ll fix this and release a new version later on.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whoops. sorry! 🙂 and thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

New update works a treat, cheers Franky.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top