Events Made Easy Forums Generic Ad Refresh When Reviewing Months

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky —

For consideration: I’m sure most websites monetize their calendar pages with Adsense ads or something similar. So a cool feature would be to ‘refresh’ the ads being shown on the full calendar page every time the “month” navigation is changed by a visitor. (Currently, only the calendar itself changes when moving from March to April to May and back; the ads posted on the page around the calendar stay the same.)

Two possible ways to make it work:

– create a refresh call for the entire full calendar page when the back/next arrows are clicked (that would be the best-case option, as it would refresh multiple ad units upon each nav click);

or

– offer an insertion line for Adsense code just below the full calendar header that shows << Month Year >> (not quite as good as option #1, as it would only refresh one ad unit)

Just something to consider…

Nav suggestion P.S. — I’ve modified my site’s eme_calendar.php to add the words “BACK” and “NEXT” to that full calendar header section, i.e. << BACK Month Year NEXT >> (see http://neohgolf.com/tournament-calendar/ ). You might consider making the wording next to the arrows SOP, as it clarifies the navigation for the ‘cognitively challenged’. (I actually had a person email me saying they could only see one month’s worth of events because clicking the arrows didn’t register with them. Sigh.)

Franky
    Keymaster

I do it via ajax just to avoid full page refresh … if you want that, you could try to change the jquery and also force a refresh on the ad (personally I don’t like ads 🙂 ) Search for “j_eme_calendar.get” in eme_calendar.php for this.

I’ll consider the Previous/Next suggestion 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s coding that’s over my head. How much to write the code to make the suggestion work?

Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, but I have so much other feature requests to complete, so this one is low on the scale for now.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m going to close this as “not going to implement”. Ajax actions are not meant to interfere with the rest of the page.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Ad Refresh When Reviewing Months’ is closed to new replies.
Scroll to Top