Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Activation Error (EME 3.34)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When I tried to activate this plugin I received this error message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ARRAY, expecting ‘&’ or T_VARIABLE or T_CONST in /home/jowti2/public_html/dmvfightfans/wp-content/plugins/events-manager-extended/eme_people.php on line 99

I am currently using WordPress 3.1.

Thanks in advance!

Franky
    Keymaster

Did you edit this file using the WP plugins editor?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nope. I received this message after initial installation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello. I got the same error below after activating the update. Would appreciate the help on how to resolve this. I cannot reach the WP dashboard now, or any other admin page.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ARRAY, expecting ‘&’ or T_VARIABLE or T_CONST in /home/frien86/public_html/unsrc-pcs/wp-content/plugins/events-manager-extended/eme_people.php on line 99

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmmm … I activated it on a 3.0.5 site, on a 3.1 site (simple and multisite) and did not get this error. So it’s probably php version thing. Can you do 2 things:

– send the version of php

– change the line 99 to remove the word “array” so it becomes:

function fputcsv2 ($fh, $fields, $delimiter = ',', $enclosure = '"', $mysql_null = false) {

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Franky! That worked like a charm. Our site is using PHP Version 4.4.9.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I updated it in trunk (and backported the fix), but php 4.x is no longer supported (and for security reasons it’s advised to upgrade asap). See the php website for this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top