Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Accessibility

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I’m auditing our site for accessibility reasons and I’ve flagged an Element ID is not unique issue. Basically, I’m using the shortcode [eme_events category=10] underneath a course, the category corresponding to the course it’s beneath.

The problem is I’ve done this say 10 times on one webpage, the Element ID is showing as not unique and is flagging as an accessibility issue, saying Element IDs must be unique.

Is there anyway to set an element ID on the shortcode each time it is used so it can be unique for each category, even if it is just setting the element ID as the category number.

Hope you can advise.

Thanks,
    David.

Franky
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franky. I’ll take a look today. Is this something I’ll need to do each time the plugin is updated or is it something you’re planning on incorporating in a future update?

Franky
    Keymaster

Will be in the next version

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I’ve updated the plugin to the latest version but I’m still seeing this issue.

On this page, under each of the toggle headers there is a link to show upcoming events for each course, the report is still showing that there are 15 occurrences of an ID being used for multiple occurrences of an element.

For each shortcode it is showing the ID as #events-no-events

The HTML is showing as

<span id="events-no-events" style>
    																							<strong style="transition: none 0s ease 0s;">
    																								There are no courses currently scheduled. Please																								<a href="mailto:NECSU.learning@nhs.net?Subject=Course query" style="transition: none 0s ease 0s;">contact us</a>																		to register your interest in a course.	
    													</strong>
    																				</span>

Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks,
    David.

Franky
    Keymaster

Currently you can solve that by using the option template_id_no_events for the eme_events shortcode.
    This will fix it for the next release:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2385593/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top