Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Access settings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

just wondering what I am doing wrong:
    I am using the user role editor plugin as suggested on the access settings to manage roles and capabilities.

We want a certain amount of users to just see the members list without able to edit, delete, … just read.
    So I added a new role, added a new capabilty, set it all correct but when testing it with a test user, he only sees his own member.

When I change to “edit other posts”, it works, so I think I need to change something on the rights part of the newly created capability so he can also see other users?

Any idea?

Kind regards,
    Kevin

Franky
    Keymaster

Which access setting did you try to change?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I changed “List members and memberships” to the newly created to the new created capability.
    Also created a role which has this capability and also read rights (for the dashboard)

When logging in with the test user, he sees the dashboard, he sees EME members and memberships (the amount of members for each membership is correct), but in the members part, he only sees himself as member. I think something is wrong with the newly created capability (Where do you define that he may see more than his own member data? Or is this concept beyond EME (understandable ofcourse)?

Kind regards
    Kevin

Franky
    Keymaster

Indeed, EME access settings were not granular enough for this. The next version will have an extra setting to “access” the menu and a separate to “list” the members themselves (the current explanation is not totally correct). Dev contains this already.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, that explains a lot 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many thanks for the swift action Franky, the new upgrade installed and tested, works like a charm!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top