Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented a single event without date

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I try to find an opportunity to create an event without a date. The date for this one event isn’t fixed till now, but the event should already be shown on page.

One given solution was “Just use a startdate in the past and an end date in the future and make sure you show ongoing events.”

But I want to hide the date on event list and on event single page. Only for this specific event. Not for all events.

At the end I wish the opportunity for events without a fix date.

Any ideas?!

Best regards
    Sebastian

Franky
    Keymaster

If the event has no date, I won’t know whether or not to show it somewhere, nor when. So it is simply not possible. My suggestion “Just use a startdate in the past and an end date in the future and make sure you show ongoing events” works ok. If you conditionally don’t want to show the start or end date for a specific event, a simple method would be to add a category to it and using [eme_if] to test for that category and only show the info when it doesn’t match.

E.g.: [eme_if tag="#_EVENTCATEGORIES" incsv="mycategory"] show stuff like #_EVENTNAME [/eme_if]

The thing is here that you’d also need a “notincsv” variant, so that for those not matching your category you can show the date/time … That will be in the next version, for now you can also use

[eme_if tag="#_EVENTCATEGORIES" contains="mycategory"] show stuff like #_EVENTNAME [/eme_if]
    [eme_if tag="#_EVENTCATEGORIES" notcontains="mycategory"] show stuff like #_EVENTNAME and #_STARTDATE #_STARTTIME[/eme_if]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top