Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented #_TOTALPRICE placeholder truncates decimal places

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First off, kudos for making such a wonderful plug-in! I’ve been playing with it for a couple days now to set it up on a client’s site, and really like how it operates. However, I discovered that when using #_TOTALPRICE on the RSVP confirmation page to display booking totals that are not whole dollar amounts, the decimal places are truncated when the value is a multiple of .10 . For example, a total price of $27.50 displays as “27.5” (without the trailing 0) when using the #_TOTALPRICE placeholder. This should probably use the same formatting that the default price display on that page uses when not overridden.

Franky
    Keymaster

It doesn’t truncate them, it is the result of a calculation.
    In fact there is no real formatting here. Putting in formatting options might be dangerous as the “.” needs to stay the delimiter for decimal (in Belgium it is “,” btw).
    So I don’t consider this a bug, but more a feature request where the display of amounts can be adjusted.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure how adding formatting options can be dangerous. In the default output (EME -> Settings -> Payment -> Payment form header format) the total is being formatted based on the default currency. The way I see it, #_TOTALPRICE just needs to use the same formatting.

Franky
    Keymaster

On what do you base “the total is being formatted based on the default currency”? I can show the currency, but I’m not formatting anything in any way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I leave the Payment form header format (under RSVP settings) empty, this is what it displays by default:

Payment handling
    The booking price in USD is: 60.00

That price formatting was changed not long ago based on a discussion in this thread. My belief is that all payment values (like the one displayed by #_TOTALPRICE) should be similarly formatted.

Franky
    Keymaster

Now I see what you mean. I thought you meant formatting based on the choosen currency (in fact, what it should be).
    For now this should help you (after applying the other changeset concerning prices in your other thread):

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/919565

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I did mean that it should be formatted based on the chosen currency. My assumption was that the default output was doing just that, but upon closer inspection, I think that I was misinterpreting it. Anyway, the change you’ve applied is a welcome one until full currency-based formatting can be implemented.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top