Events Made Easy Forums Generic #_OPT_IN pre-selects “No”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I wanted to introduce the #_OPT_IN placeholder on a booking form, and it seems it always pre-selects “No” instead of “Yes”.
    Or in other words, if I change the placeholder to #_OPT_OUT I get the exact same result.

Could this be a bug or am I overlooking something?
    Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

#_OPT_IN preselects “no” (GDPR compliant), #_OPT_OUT preselects “yes” (not GDPR compliant).
    If you switched from #_OPT_IN to #_OPT_OUT, make sure to do a shift-refresh of your browser as the field is called the same and the browser retains the selected state upon normal refresh of a page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HI Franky,

that’s not what’s happening for me, unfortunately.
    In both cases I get “No”
    I even added both placeholder to my test form, and it always shows “No” as pre-selection.
    https://now2022.andreasdirscherl.de/congress-registration-now-invited/

You’ll obviously need a login for this. If you don’t have the credentials from last time anymore, let me know, and I’ll email them to you.

Also, if OPT_OUT is indeed supposed to pre-select “Yes” then you would need take a look at the documentation. There, it’s the other way around:
    “#_OPT_IN and #_OPT_OUT Both will display a yes/no choice for massmailing preferences for the person entering the form (used in e.g. the newsletter feature). #_OPT_IN will by default select “yes” for massmailing, #_OPT_OUT will be default select “no”. The #_OPT_OUT option is not GDPR compliant, so it is recommended not to use it. If neither is used, “no” is taken.”

Franky
    Keymaster

humm … indeed. I checked #_OPT_IN/OUT for memberships, but not for events. Maybe I made a copy/paste there … let me check.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, in this case the user is logged in, and then the user setting is taken.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for clarifying – makes sense now. Just verified it with a brand-new user, and there it works.

Still, #_OPT_IN and #_OPT_OUT work opposite to the documentation 😉 Or am I reading this wrong?
    https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-6-registration-form-fields/

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes, indeed. The yes/no was inverted. I corrected the doc and added the fact that the EME person preference is taken if logged in and the wp user is linked to an EME user.

Anonymous
    Inactive

🙏👍

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top