Events Made Easy Forums How do I … #_LINKEDNAME in a new window when using External link

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

Great work!! I want to say this is the most enjoyable plug-in I have worked with since starting with WordPress 🙂 thank you!!

I have a small enhancement might be useful for someone

Because the placeholder #_LINKEDNAME does not distinguish between normal event or an event with an external link pointing to an external URL and I really hate my visitors to leave my website too soon I replaced the following in events-manager.php :

} elseif (preg_match('/#_LINKEDNAME$/', $result)) {
    $event_link = eme_event_url($event);
    $replacement="<a href='$event_link'>".eme_trans_sanitize_html($event['event_name'])."</a>";

with this:

} elseif (preg_match('/#_LINKEDNAME$/', $result)) {
    $event_link = eme_event_url($event);
    if($event['event_url'] != '')
    $replacement="<a href='$event_link'>".eme_trans_sanitize_html($event['event_name'])."</a>";
    else

now when you are using the External link feature, the link will open in a new window otherwise will open in the same window in your browser.

cheers!

Samo

Franky
    Keymaster

Don’t do that, just use the #_EVENTPAGEURL placeholder and build your own link with it, eg. in the event format setting:

<a href=#_EVENTPAGEURL target=_new>#_NAME</a>

Anonymous
    Inactive

why what’s wrong u scared me actually :/

The thing is when I use <a href="#_EVENTPAGEURL" target="_new">#_NAME</a> in events list formt it’s gonna open all events in a new windows. I do not want that I just want events with an external link to do that.

Is there something I don’t understand?

Franky
    Keymaster

Then use an attribute to indicate you want an external link and use a conditional tag to test for the value of it.

If you change the code, upgrades are going to be more difficult later on …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, this is not bad.

Thank you Franky you are great!

for now I’m gonna use it like this But I would like to have a checkbox for the External link to do that in the future at least.(please 🙂 )

Thank you two times more.

Samo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top