Events Made Easy Forums Tips 2010 Weaver Theme + EME!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m the author of the 2010 Weaver theme – currently one of the most popular free themes available for WordPress.

Events Manager Extended works really well with 2010 Weaver. So well, in fact, that I’ve posted a set of format codes that allow EME events to look exactly like regular theme posts. They blend perfectly with whatever theme the user has customized (2010 Weaver allows almost total control over many theme aspects including color, fonts, layout, etc.)

I wrote a post that describes EME, and gives the formatting snippets needed to make this happen. When coupled with some of the content management capabilities of Weaver (e.g., Pages with Posts templates, two column content layout, and more), the ability for total control of event posts can lead to an amazingly functional site.

The post and code is available at http://wpweaver.info/?p=1024.

Franky
    Keymaster

Thanks for the post! Great info!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I discovered an interesting problem last night. Events manager extended (EME 3.3.0) and Weaver are both critical to my club’s website which is about to go into production. With EME 3.3.0 and Weaver 1.5.4 the menu hierarchy is correctly displayed, with the EME events page (specified as “Calendar” and displayed as a calendar) showing up as expected. When I upgraded to Weaver 1.7.1, the menu item “Calendar” changes to the EME default name (“Events”) when that page is selected. When another page is selected, the menu name reverts back to “Calendar”. Arrgh!

Thinking that some other component or setting was causing the problem I generated a clean wordpress (3.0.4) site with Weaver (1.5.4) and EME, confirmed the correct menu item display, then upgraded Weaver to 1.7.1. Problem reproduced! Since this problem falls somewhere in the middle, I’m posting it with both authors in the hope that they can discover the underlying cause. I’m new to WordPress development so it’s not out of the question that I’ve done something stupid.

Franky
    Keymaster

I would advise not to put the special events page in the menu, and create a new page containing the shortcodes of your liking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Tips’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top