Events Made Easy Forums Generic 2 Authors, different behaviour: "acess denied" on events page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!

I have two authors (beside others) who are allowed to create and publish new events. One of them is already running many events and tried to create new ones. While clicking on “events” the side delivers an empty list and a pop-up saying “access denied”.

Trying to figure out the problem while using another account with exact the same rights, there is no problem at all.

Maybe, the problem is the user created all events before the last update (10th Oct) and now he is restricted from his/the “old” events!?

Normally authors are restricted to their own events and cannot see / edit others.

As administrator, I can see all events and edit them without problems.

Hoping for your support soon!

Franky
    Keymaster

If that person can’t see any events, he doesn’t have the “List events” access right (which is there already for over a year, so not new). Did you check that permission?

Also, can you tell what the person sees in the EME menu on the left?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your answer!

First, I cannot find any “List events” rights (neither within EME, nor in role editor).

The role author can see events, bookings, approved bookings and send e-mails.

Trying to open others bookings, I get the yelloq ribbon on top saying “you are not allowed to…”, wich was awaited so far. Putting in new events, logging off and in doesn’t make any problems listing the events.

The author describing the problem manages many many events within his sections. He made some 45 events so far this year, but until yesterday, he found a pop-up saying “Error: access denied” in German. behind dthe pop-up, his event list is empty. He cannot access the events page at all.

However, I did run your newest update some minutes ago, but the author may test it tomorrow earliest. I will report later on.

Thanks for your help!

Franky
    Keymaster

EME has many access right options (EME settings, tab “Access”), but doesn’t provide roles of its own. See in the Access-tab the remark about the “User Role Editor” plugin.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ll move this to “generic” until further feedback.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

Thanks a lot for your help and your patience.

The last update fixed the issue. You may close this ticket.

Thank you very much again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top