Events Made Easy Forums Generic Conditional tags for dates not working?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

I seem to be having trouble with conditional date tags in my booking recorded message.
    The if statements seem to always be true. Or am I missing something obvious?

Here’s the my template – I included the “regular” tag there as well for testing purposes. These show the expected result, but when I test for them, it doesn’t work, all the message show up for me:

<h3>Your selection for STARTDATE{l} has been recorded. Thank you.</h3>
    <p class="selectedSession"><strong>#_EVENTNAME</strong></p>

#_STARTDATE
    #_STARTDATE{l}
    #_ENDDATE{l}
    #_{l}

<!-- Show different Continue Messages, depending on the currently selected CL/HT Day we are in -->
    <!-- if it is Wednesday -->
    [eme_if tag="#ESC_STARTDATE{l}" eq="Wednesday"]<p class="eme-continue-booking">Please continue the booking process with your selection for <strong>Thursday</strong> below.</p>[/eme_if]
    <!-- if it is Thursday -->
    [eme_if tag="#ESC_STARTDATE{l}" eq="Thursday"]<p class="eme-continue-booking">Please continue the booking process with your selection for <strong>Friday</strong> below.</p>[/eme_if]

The same is true if I test for #_STARTDATE without any parameters, always true for me
    [eme_if tag="#ESC_STARTDATE" eq="25/08/2022"]
    Or #_ENDDATE
    [eme_if tag="#ESC_ENDDATE" eq="25/08/2022"]
    Or even #_{l}
    [eme_if tag='#ESC_{l}' eq='Saturday']

Any ideas?

Franky
    Keymaster

I just copy/paste your example and it works as expected in the booking recorded message …

Franky
    Keymaster

Since I got no reply and can’t reproduce it: moving to “generic”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,
    sorry for being out of touch – for some reason, I forgot to check the “notify me” box. So didn’t realize that you already had replied so promptly…

I erased everything today and started my template anew from scratch. And now it seems to be working as it should. So we can consider this issue resolved. Sorry for bothering you.

Still, I am wondering what might have been going on… Since my full template uses nested conditions, in fact, I suspect that there might have been something off with my logic and/or there were some syntax issues that caused the entire thing to fail.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top