Events Made Easy Forums Postponed feature requests any plans for changing to a custom post-type?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using the older vs. of the events manager and was curious if you plan on changing the system to use post-types.

I could go on and on as to why post-types are a great idea, but I’m sure your already aware of most of the reasons.

Primarily I got really frustrated trying to build a custom front end widget display as I am used to using the loop, which events manager didn’t seem to recognize.

Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, but I need at least some kind of example here. And for now the code still needs lots of cleaning indeed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=16

posted in new thread as this thread was for requesting turning events manager into a custom post-type system

Anonymous
    Inactive

back to my original question:

Are there plans on converting events manager into a custom post-type/taxonomy system for wordpress?

Franky
    Keymaster

As in my other post: first google maps api v3, then the rest 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ve just taken a deeper look at this. It seems very interesting, but would require major conversion … I don’t know if in fact it is worth the trouble … of course if I could get some assistance here, I might reconsider.

arbeer.de
    Participant

Would it help if we throw money at you for the job?

Franky
    Keymaster

It would help if somebody helped me coding it up 🙂

In fact: it would require major shifting from all event data. It’s not really money that’s an issue (one can always donate), but time …

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m closing this as “not to implement”, I don’t see a compelling reason to start this major rework right now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.