Events Made Easy Forums Generic #_CANCEL_LINK not working in email when pending/waitlisted moved to approved

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just started using a waitlist system and when a pending/waitlist registration automatically becomes approved, the email doesn’t resolve #_CANCEL_LINK and simply shows up in the email as “#_CANCEL_LINK”. Every other placeholder (e.g. #_FIRSTNAME, #_EVENTNAME, etc.) in the email is resolved.

#_CANCEL_LINK works in emails for new, approved event registrations. The problem just seems to be when a confirmation email is generated for a waitlisted registration when it becomes approved.

Franky
    Keymaster

Just tested this here: works fine for auto-approve a booking on the waiting list.
    Which format contains the #_CANCEL_LINK placeholder ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for checking this out, Franky. I will do some more testing and I do hope we are not chasing a ghost.

But here’s the information: The #_CANCEL_LINK placeholder is in a template specified as the “Booking Made Email Body” for the event. Here is the content of that template . . .

——– SNIP ——–
    Hello #_FIRSTNAME. Don’t lose this email. It confirms your booking for . . .

<p><b>#_EVENTNAME</b>
    <br/>#_STARTDATE{l, F j, Y}
    #_STARTTIME – #_ENDTIME (Pacific/Vancouver Time)
    #_EVENTDETAILS</p>

This is an online/web presentation by the Seniors’ Health and Wellness Institute using the Zoom platform. You don’t need to have a Zoom account to participate, but if you don’t have the Zoom app you will be asked if it’s OK to install it.  It’s safe and free, so go ahead.

<p>Below is the link you need to attend the presentation:

<br/>#_LOCATION_EXTERNAL_URL</p>

<p>Be sure to keep the above link and use it a few minutes before the start of the session to claim your place in the session. You will be sent a reminder about this session, the day before it will take place.</p>

<p>For questions or assistance with accessing the meeting on the day of the event, please email help@seniorshelpingseniors.ca.</p>

<p>Change your mind? Can’t attend? Please use the link below to cancel your booking:
    <br/>#_CANCEL_LINK</p>

——– SNIP ——–

As I said, #_CANCEL_LINK works fine (used in over 1000 emails) when the registration is made and it also works in the email sent to confirm a pending/waitlisted registration. If something stands out, please let me know. Otherwise, I will do some more testing in both my production and test website, and either send you more information or send you thanks and an apology.

Franky
    Keymaster

The setting I tried is identical, so that’s not it (and the code doesn’t point to that either). But maybe something about the event definition is not standard? Is it a paying event, user approval needed, … ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

So sorry for the delayed reply. Nothing special about the event – no payment and no approval needed. But … Odd things happening with my WP installation and I’m not confident that the problem is with EME. The EME problem in my production system seems to be isolated to just one account/member, which happens to be the administrative email address that I use. I will continue testing tomorrow and let you know if (then how) I can replicate the problem. If I can’t replicate it, then it isn’t a problem. Thanks again for you help.

Franky
    Keymaster

no more reaction, so moving this to “generic”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top