Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Some very rare bugs for your interest

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Franky,

I want to report some very rare / unusual bugs that I encountered.

First of all, the very rare bug.
    After approximately 1.000 event bookings, we had this week one case in which the customer recieved the email that are supposed to be send to us. So to say, the admin email but with one tiny difference: The email missed some fields that are usually in there and configured (like the field for remaining seats). I dont know how. I cant provide you with more information. We tested it and everything worked fine. Maybe the stars aligned incorrectly.

Second: Since 2 or 3 weeks before christmas or so, some customers started to complain about that the registration doesn’t work. After some investigation, it occurs that on some older smartphones (maybe other devices too) the captcha dont work properly. The characters are correctly written down in the field but it says, it is wrong. After the second or third try, it magical works some how. Very annoying bug.

Maybe you have an idea or fixed it one of this already. We’re running version 1.9.8. After I finished some other projects we will update to the newest version. Maybe it fixes the problems but I think they are very special.

Greetings!

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I can’t help with the misalignment of the stars 🙂
    Concerning the second prob: maybe the browser is caching the captcha … I don’t recall any specific fixes concerning the captcha after 1.9.8 but I do know that wordpress 4.9 became more sensitive to all php session-related stuff (as the captcha uses), so it might be related to that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahh ok thank you for the response. So far we deactivated that feature because it got worse. Every day called someone who couldnt enter the captcha correctly.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, if you can reproduce it on your site, let me know …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Because I just saw this post again: Some Update on the Situation: The Customer-Received-Wrong-Email-Problem didn’t happen again. No clue what happend at this on the server. We couldn’t reproduce the error.

The chaptcha thing .. I disabled it for the registration after I saw that you check with some other things like the honeypot field and so on. It just got worse and worse. But I have a clue on this one. We use a plugin called woocommerce that digs deep in wp and uses many js libs. I think that caused in some cases to affect the chaptcha.

Franky
    Keymaster

ok, closing this then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top